DVDFab Media Player versions past 6.1.1.0 - Task Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Media Player versions past 6.1.1.0 - Task Manager

I've noticed that any version of DVDFab Media Player after version 6.1.1.0 will continue to run in the background as per Windows Task Manager. Version 6.1.1.0 will shut down until the next time I want it to run. I've found no settings to change this behavior and I'd like to know why this is happening on the newer versions. I don't like anything running in the background that I specifically haven't asked to run. My computer has plenty of power, but I still don't like applications that exhibit this kind of behavior. So I will stick with this version until I learn otherwise. Please advise! Thank you!

Please disable the option "Auto start upon system startup" in the Settings panel.

Comment

I am getting a DVDFab Media Player crash report on Startup, there is nothing wrong with the program, I had to disable it in the task manager as a startup program.
      Last edited by Chameleon; 09-05-2021, 02:29 PM.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        Please disable the option "Auto start upon system startup" in the Settings panel.
        Hi Mona - Thank you for replying. However I have disabled that option and the versions after 6.1.1.0 don't run in the background upon startup; but they do however continue running in the background after Media Player has been used one time. Version 6.1.1.0 shuts itself completely down when I'm not using it and not showing in Task Manager. But more recent versions than this one do continue to run in the background after the first start. Version 6.1.1.0 behaves perfectly, but the more recent versions do not. Thank you!

Comment

There is another option "Minimize to systray when closing the main window", please be sure to uncheck it as well.

Comment

There is another option "Minimize to systray when closing the main window", please be sure to uncheck it as well.
            Thanks again for replying Mona! I did already have that box (Minimize to systray) "unchecked" as well, and it doesn't make any difference. Newer versions than 6.1.1.0 keep running in Task Manager after manually starting and closing the program. I'll just stick with 6.1.1.0 for now until the issue is resolved as that version doesn't exhibit this behavior. Thanks much for all of your help for us here on these forums!

Comment

Hi there i'm experiencing the exact same issue after i close down the player it still is in my task manager and continues to run in the background i have to open the task manager and shut it down from there or it is continuiously running in the background. Please fix this issue.

Comment

Could you please take a screenshot of the task manager after you close Player 6 and highlight the progress that indicates Player 6 is running? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Could you please take a screenshot of the task manager after you close Player 6 and highlight the progress that indicates Player 6 is running? Thanks in advance.
                  Hi Mona,

I just installed version 6.1.1.6 and much to my surprise it is properly shutting down in Task Manager. I uninstalled each version with Revo Uninstaller and tried all the versions, and 6.1.1.0 and 6.1.1.6 are indeed shutting down properly. The versions in between do not. So something has changed, but I will keep a hawk's eye on any new versions. Thanks much for your time and help!

Comment

hi there mona here is the picture you can see that i have shut it down but it still remains in the task bar in the bottom right hand corner so please advise as to what the issue is here
                    Attached Files

Comment

i have to use the task manager to actually shut it down completely

Comment

or i have to restart my computer so something is still jammed somewhere which is keeping it open so please advise and fix for me please

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
                          or i have to restart my computer so something is still jammed somewhere which is keeping it open so please advise and fix for me please
                          Did you try completely remove the Player, and then download a flash one to have a try?
                          Also, be sure to uncheck the option "Minimize to systray when closing the main window" in the Settings panel.

Comment

Hi there yes I did uninstall the player and did a fresh install but the problem is still there with the new fresh install

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
                              Hi there yes I did uninstall the player and did a fresh install but the problem is still there with the new fresh install
                              When you are online, please contact me via online chat at https://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm
                              The online chat is open from 21:00 - 05:00 (EST).

Comment

Working...
                              X