Player 7 Updating Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player 7 Updating Issue

I updated to Player 7 however I still get prompts to upgrade from Player 6. It's the same with Player 700001.

I tried uninstall and reinstall and the same thing happens.

I also have DVD FAB and was wondering if there was some type of conflict.

Its not happening to me but I bought V7001. Completely;ly did away with V6. You should do the same.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Hourglass94 View Post
      I updated to Player 7 however I still get prompts to upgrade from Player 6. It's the same with Player 700001.

I tried uninstall and reinstall and the same thing happens.

I also have DVD FAB and was wondering if there was some type of conflict.
      Please completely remove Player, including the document files, and then install and run this offline version to try again:

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the update.

I uninstalled Player 7 and removed the Play folder in the Documents folder and reinstalled Player 7 then restarted the computer and the updater window popped up again. I've attached a screenshot with the updater window on top of Player 7.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi there this is also happening to me as well and I have done a complete uninstall of player 6 including all folders in documents and in x86 folder and in app data so completely removed it and all its folders then installed player 7 and I’m getting the same messages to update player 6 to. Version 6.2.0.2 not even to 7.0.0.1 it is so weird why it’s doing this please help.

Louie

Comment

I believe the live updater is not recognizing that we have Playerfab 7.0.0.1 installed and it is wanting us to update it still thinks we have player 6.2.0.2 someone please help with this

Louie

Comment

I have the same issue. I uninstalled Player 6 fully prior to doing a fresh install of PlayerFab.

Comment

It can also very well be files stuck in the registry from the old version 6 going to need help cleaning the registry I believe but we will need help from the developers in doing this cuz cleaning the registry is really tricky
                Please Advise

Louie

Comment

First post! This is happening to me as well. I see no signs of Player 6 anywhere on my system -- but the updater service still thinks I need to update from 6.x.x.. to 7.x.x.and tells me so several times a day..

One clue may be that there are PlayerFab installs in *both* Program Files and Program Files (86) now. All I've done is follow official prompts. There's something in the registries or somthing, and it's probably not good to have two active installs.confusing the matter.

Oh, okay. 2nd post.

Edit: I am about to delete both PlayerFab instances using add/remove programs, reboot my computer, and use the offline files for a reinstall. Will report back if this solves the issue.
                  Edit: I misunderstood what you were saying about documents. I did indeed find a subfolder dedicated to Player 6 in my "My Documents" folder, which I never use so didn't notice. I deleted a subfolder dedicated to DVDFab 11 while I was in there. Hope that doesn't mess anything up.;
                  Last edited by adamblastia; 01-13-2022, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble, the update problem will be fixed in the coming version, please kindly wait, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X