Uhd playback with new intel chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhd playback with new intel chipset

Hi there I was wondering if anyone has one of the new 11 gen or 12 gen intel chipsets can you still play 4K uhd beceause I was reading they no longer support 4k playback And sgx how will this work with Fabplayer or I will start looking for a gen 10 intel chipset

Please Advise

you never needed sgx for dvdfab any cpu with a gpu that supports h.265 decoding can play uhd in here thats the point to work around that junk

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
      Hi there I was wondering if anyone has one of the new 11 gen or 12 gen intel chipsets can you still play 4K uhd beceause I was reading they no longer support 4k playback And sgx how will this work with Fabplayer or I will start looking for a gen 10 intel chipset

Please Advise

Coincidence... or not. I'm with an 11th generation chipset and dvdfab v6x doesn't play UHD full bluray well. It always comes out with a very pink colouring on everything. And now that you say this... that's probably the cause. This should be corrected by developers like dvdfab or others as all modern and future PCs will integrate these chipsets or improved and will not incorporate the sgx protection.

Comment

Yes that is what I’m reading cuz from 11 gen and on intel and AMD no longer support sgx and I just read that powerdvd player will no longer supports 4k uhd playback so a lot more players now are not supporting it because of this so was wondering what DVDFAB PLAYER is going to do in regards to this as I just purchased DVDFAB PLAYER 7

Please Advise

Comment

Regarding 4K playback, PlayerFab does not depend on the motherboard chip, it supports any motherboard and new Intel series 11 and 12 processors.

Comment

Hi Mona thx for the reply even though the new intel processors and motherboards don’t support SGX for 4k uhd playback you are saying that it will still play all 4k movies without a issue and get around the DRM to playback without any problems

Please Advise

Comment

This is what I was reading
              Attached Files

Comment

like i said already you never needed it for dvdfab that only applies to official playback dvdfab is unofficial playback so no need to worry it will work it will continue to work

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
                  Hi Mona thx for the reply even though the new intel processors and motherboards don’t support SGX for 4k uhd playback you are saying that it will still play all 4k movies without a issue and get around the DRM to playback without any problems

Please Advise
                  Correct. FabPlayer doesn't need SGX support at all. I used it with an old Intel processor (pre-SGX), and am currently using it with a 12th generation processor (post-SGX). They've both worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X