Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlayerFab's Region Free Feature: Does it work without a Region Free Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayerFab's Region Free Feature: Does it work without a Region Free Drive?

So, I see that the #1 big feature of the PlayerFab is that it will play discs from any region. It does not state if your drive needs to be region free or not. Can anyone tell me it if does or not?

Two more questions please:

1. If I have a lifetime license for Fab Player 6 (Mac), does that mean I'll still have a lifetime license for PlayerFab 7 if they update 6 to 7, or is the slight name change going to give them reason to make me buy it again? Has a Windows user already experienced this?

2. FabPlayer (streamer app like NetFlix and Amazon) says its big feature is allowing you access to all of the international NetFlix and Amazon streaming services, but I'm assuming that I will have to have a subscription to each individual service in the multiple countries, right? i.e. Netflix US, NetFlix UK, NetFlix France, etc.?

Many thanks!

1. Your drive doesn't need to be region-free.

2. If you have a lifetime license for DVDFab Player 6 for the Mac version, you can continue to use it on Player 7 if such a version is available.
    For the Windows version, users who own a valid license can continue to use the same license on the latest PlayerFab 7, however, if your license doesn't include a streaming service like Netflix Player, you can give it a try but will need to get a license if you want to continue the use after the free trial.

3. Yes, you need to be a subscriber to the streaming services first before you can use our software to play the corresponding streaming videos.

Comment

Working...
    X