Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove "Play with PlayerFab" from right click context menu with Regedit

Just fyi,

Should probably *not* be done if you are unfamiliar with RegEdit.

One thing I like to do is have the "Context Menu" as clean as possible when you right click a file.

I did not need "Play with PlayerFab" in addition to PlayerFab being a choice when I right click a file and choose "Open With".

I noticed that PlayerFab sets this action for *every* file type in the registry, which is a *lot* of registry entries.

I almost exclusively use .mp4 (as storage type from streaming sites) and .mpg (as source files for video compilations).

See attached on how to delete the registry key that makes the "Play With PlayerFab" appear when you right click an .mp4 file.

Suggestion to DVDFab/PlayerFab for Programmer:

It would be nice if PlayerFab had a settings option in the software to just turn on/off this to the right click context menu as many other software products have, like VLC, during installation.

This would allow the user to control whether or not "Play with PlayerFab" appeared as a separate option when right clicking media files and also might save a lot of unnecessary lines of code in the registry. Not really sure this is an easy

You could still quickly access PlayerFab via "Open With" when right clicking a media file.

Thank you for your consideration!

Mike
    Attached Files

Hi, I have passed your suggestion to the developer in charge. Thanks for your post.

Comment

Working...
    X