Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can DVDfab player play complete UHD Dolby Atmos discs in .iso format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can DVDfab player play complete UHD Dolby Atmos discs in .iso format?

Hi, I have a computer with Win10 with the latest builds and a graphics card compatible with dv and all hdr formats (rtx model). On it I have installed the dvdfab Player latest version with a temporary license of months offered by you.

The pc is connected via hdmi 2.1 to a sony tv compatible with DV. When I play full uhd iso with dolby vision it (my sony tv) does not give me the option to activate the dv. Yes, it plays in hdr but it does not activate the dv. For this reason is my question. I do not know if there is some kind of limitation with this environment that I have, i don't know either if i need to install on the operating system some extension of dv from the google shop to make it compatible. If someone can tell me about it I would be more than grateful.

Regards

About Dolby Atmos, on the audio Settings panel, set it to Passthrough and see the result.
    As for Dolby Vision, it's limited by the Chip, so it cannot be played through a PC, as far as we know, there isn't any software player that can do that.

Comment

Thank you very much Mona for your prompt reply. I mistyped the title, obviously i meant Dolby Vision. I assume that when you say limited by the chip you mean the one on the motherboard of the pc. I find it curious how in the windows store option they offer a free extension for win10 that literally says "Dolby vision extension" --> https://apps.microsoft.com/store/det...s/9PLTG1LWPHLF

The truth is that I haven't tested it because I'm concerned about installing these things on my pc without knowing if it will really works and I also wanted to know your technical answer. I don't know if by installing this extension I could make Dolby Vision playback compatible through a PC. If anyone knows more about it, please let the community know.

Comment

Originally posted by Larmv View Post
        Thank you very much Mona for your prompt reply. I mistyped the title, obviously i meant Dolby Vision. I assume that when you say limited by the chip you mean the one on the motherboard of the pc. I find it curious how in the windows store option they offer a free extension for win10 that literally says "Dolby vision extension" --> https://apps.microsoft.com/store/det...s/9PLTG1LWPHLF

The truth is that I haven't tested it because I'm concerned about installing these things on my pc without knowing if it will really works and I also wanted to know your technical answer. I don't know if by installing this extension I could make Dolby Vision playback compatible through a PC. If anyone knows more about it, please let the community know.
        1. It will not work with this Dolby Vision Extension. You need a Dolby TV and hevc plugin and dolby vision or hacked plugin, but this is not the end, as you will get just a static hdr.

2. Currently, to properly render the content, use either your TV's internal player or an Android TV box with Just Video Player, is the easiest way to play Dolby Vision.​

Comment

Okay, thank you very much for the clarification, it's all clear to me now. A pity that it is not clearly stated in the description what requirements are needed to make it work. I'll try to follow the procedure you indicate and see if the tv's internal player is able to play a full iso although I doubt that in an .iso container it's compatible or even in unzipped folders. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X