Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions and Suggestions concerning PlayerFab 7.0.4.3

Good heavens, where do I start.
    1. PlayerFab is erroneously labeling movies in my library as TV shows. A great many titles and artwork displayed on my Library screen, I don't even own; neither in movies or TV shows. (I checked!) In some cases the artwork doesn't even match the listed title below! That said, I guess it goes without saying, that it also misidentifies a great number of movie and TV show titles.

The Metadata in Movies, TV show and audio file Libraries on my computer has been laboriously entered for each of thousands of files, with the correct artwork and information corresponding to each file. The artwork that is displayed in PlayerFab is in different languages. While English is my preferred language, I'm seeing covers and titles in Russian and languages I can't even identify.

2. There is only one entry for both Movies and TV shows labeled Video. No separate field for TV so I can list separate paths for each (Movies and TV).

3. For some reason I'm not getting the Audio album covers displayed when I click into an artist to list the albums.
    Where it says Artist: am I supposed to have a picture of the Artist (if available)? If so, It's just a blank circle. When I click into an album, I'm getting a list and no thumbnail view. I like seeing the cover art. Is there a selection for thumbnail view available? I know that there are those that prefer list views, but I believe those people and the thumbnail view addicts like me are about evenly split.

Suggestions and questions:

Is there any way to force PlayerFab to use the local Metadata when populating the library? The scraper that you use misidentifies an awful lot.

I keep TV shows and movies in two separate directories. Is it possible to place TV, Video, and Audio categories so I can list a separate path in PlayerFab for each?

I have each of my movies in a separate folder by movie name with a Folder.jpg file for the cover art in each. There is another Program out there that shows a graphic view of the Movie or Series Poster for each Movie or TV series once added to the library, in what looks like a display case. This is a visual aid that helps me identify the proper Title/Folder rapidly without having to read the titles in a list or under a blank folder graphic (or square.). Is there any way to get PlayerFab to do something like that or get cover art to display while browsing?

My Music and audio files are in folders listed under an alphabetic character (A,B,C...) and further separated by by Band, Group or Artist and Album each in its own subdirectory.
    Each folder has a Folder.jpg file inside for Artist Picture or Album cover art. (I prefer being described as "Detail Oriented" rather than the word "Anal".) The Album cover art is not showing up when I browse. From the blank squares I see, It looks like the art is supposed to be displayed but isn't.

Thousands of tracks in my Audio library have Lyrics for that track in the Metadata. Is there any way to display those lyrics that are stored in the Metadata in the PlayerFab GUI?

Personal opinion: That scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen that shows artist and title while playing music is junk, and incomplete. I don't like waiting for information that I want, to come scrolling across a limited view. I like being able to find the information that I need at a glance. What about featured artists, Musicians, or any of the other metadata fields. Can PlayerFab be modified to show me the information I need at a glance, and give more complete data? My scrapers aren't perfect either. There are times that I have to research data, and copy the proper information into the proper Metadata fields from sources across the web. (I do this for Video and Audio) I really hate going through all of that work, only to have that information buried because it doesn't display.

From what I have read, PlayerFab is being used predominantly a Video platform. If you're going to develop a "Total Package" platform however, I feel that all aspects of that platform need to be well integrated and as complete as possible. PlayerFab is competing in a lofty arena. When you throw your hat in at this level, it's important to be better than just good. On the plus side, I like what I see as far as presentation in the TV Series that did populate into the library correctly. The Series was "Flattened" correctly with the cover art displayed for each season under the series banner and (as far as I could tell at a glance) with no "stragglers" I'm looking forward to what comes next.
    Smee

A quick note of correction. It seems that some or all the misidentified files were actually "Stragglers" , and those belonged to a single series that was not codded correctly on MY end. I am pleased to say that (so far) the problem is entirely my fault. I don't even know where or when I DVR'd that series. I should have checked it after recording and didn't. Usually I not only check these things, I also make sure that missing Metadata is filled in for each episode. I did neither in this case.
    The orphans were quickly renamed, and returned to the fold. In the process though, I came across another issue. While trying to find out the location where the misidentified files were on my computer, I clicked on "Open Containing folder" , and nothing happened. No folder location was opened in file explorer or PlayerFab. I managed to get the path of the file under "Fix Match" to correct the issue. If you could look into that I would appreciate it.

Edit: Going through all of the misidentified series is going to take some time. Two entire series WERE misidentified. The first is Lost in Space - 2019. The main folder is Lost in Space - 2019, to set it apart from the original with each show title being just Lost in Space - S01E01 - Title. The original Lost in Space series (Widescreen version) is also misidentified as Lost in Space 2018. The Main folder for that is Lost in Space (Widescreen), with all of the episodes also coded as Lost in Space - S01E01 - Title.
    The 2018 version was misidentified as an Anime series "Astra: Lost in Space". I did change 2019 to 2018 to reflect what was found. Any other ideas here?

BTW: I still feel that being able to list Music, Video and TV shows on separate paths is a good idea.

Q: Some of the Season folder artwork did not populate in a few of my more obscure series, I have that artwork. Could somebody tell me how to import that into PlayerFab? I seem to be a little lost. I can't find any menus to correct artwork for each season. A left click where the artwork should be, only opens the season
    Last edited by supine; 09-19-2023, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Some of the series (911 for example) are not pulling all of the seasons into PlayerFab, even though all of the seasons are coded correctly and exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
      X