Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newest PlayerFab fails to play UHD Blu-Ray ISO's and doesn't output Dolby Atmos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest PlayerFab fails to play UHD Blu-Ray ISO's and doesn't output Dolby Atmos.

Just purchased PlayerFab after using PowerDVD 22 for a long time. Would keep PowerDVD as it works great but they dropped playback support for UHD Blu-Rays. I can get some UHD ISO's to play in PowerDVD and others it says it doesn't support. Thought I would give PlayerFab a try. First UHD Blu-Ray ISO, The new Talking Heads - Stop Making sense froze up not even playing for a minute. Once it froze had a heck of a time closing it. Tried it again and same thing. The few seconds it did play NO Dolby Atmos audio output. Checked all the setiings and they were correct. Plays Dolby Atmos fine with PowerDVD. Tried the new Queen UHD Blu-Ray. Same thing. Froze up and no Dolby Atmos. At this point I'm done with this which is a shame because I really like my DVDfab 13 program. To bad PlayerFab doesn't work. I'll stick with the Free VLC over PlayerFab. Does PlayerFab work for anybody? I don't get why a program would fail this badly from the very start? It's not like I don't have the right equipment or setting checked. I'm sure they are going to try and get me to send logs and un-install and re-install and jump all these hoops but forget it. I just want my money back.

I guess nobody is even going to reply to this?

Hopefully I get a better responce on my support ticket for a refund.

Comment

I have had this issue as well and am patiently waiting for a new version to come out or a fix as I have also been using VLC player in the mean time hopefully they get this resolved real quick. I also came from using Powerdvd 22 but as you said they dropped UHD playback so was using Playerfab but to many issues with this player was hoping for a new player from DVDFAB am using VLC for now

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
        I have had this issue as well and am patiently waiting for a new version to come out or a fix as I have also been using VLC player in the mean time hopefully they get this resolved real quick. I also came from using Powerdvd 22 but as you said they dropped UHD playback so was using Playerfab but to many issues with this player was hoping for a new player from DVDFAB am using VLC for now
        Thanks Laprince for the reply. DVDFab has issued me a refund which I'm currently waiting on. It's to bad PlayerFab doesn't work. I was sure I wasn't the only one who had a problem with it. Hopefully DVDFab comes up with a working version as the options for playing UHD ISO's on a computer are becoming pretty limited.

Comment

VLC MEDIA PLAYER is our only option right now that seems to work really good and I have had no issues with and it’s free player

Comment

Playing UHD ISO and UHD with MENU OPTION is very slim for sure there are not many players left at all other than the VLC PLAYER and DVDFAB PLAYER when it works but lately has not been functioning correctly with a lot of the UHD'S and this is why i have been using VLC PLAYER

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X