DVD drive driver wont load when Passkey is installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD drive driver wont load when Passkey is installed

When I install Passkey both of my disc drives disappear on restart.
    In looking online about the issue, i found an article about deleting the lower and upper filters in the registry.
    When I looked at the filters, I saw DVDFab as the filter.
    Before deleting the software, I uninstalled Passkey, rebooted and the disc drives came back.
    I reinstalled Passkey and they again disappeared. I deleted the filter and rebooted. The disc drives were there, but I got an error from Passkey that the driver could not be loaded.

Need some help on this please!

This is a new build. I am currently running XP64 with SP2. Win7 64 is on its way, but I would like to get this going so I can rip my DVD's.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have no problems using XP32 with SP3 so you should not have problem like this. Was dvdfab the only filter listed? Maybe post your filter list to this thread also when you installed Passkey did you have a DVD/CD in your drives as that will happen if you install when the drives are being used like that.

Comment

@Firstsage
      I have send PM to u.
      resigned

Comment

Value 8
        Name: LowerFilters
        Type: REG_MULTI_SZ
        Data: dvdfab

This is the only filter I can see. I have attached an export of the key's with and without passkey installed. The above filter is the only difference I can see.
        I installed without a disc in the drive. When I have deleted the above key and rebooted the machine the disc drive is again present.
        I have used passkey on a win7 x64 system, so I am not sure why an XP x64 system would cause this either.

Thanks for the help.
        Attached Files

Comment

@Firstsage

Please wait a minutes, we have a XP 64 test machine, i am testing on it.
          resigned

Comment

Will do. Thanks for the quick responses!
            I have also responded to your PM.

Comment

@Firstsage
              It has fixed in version 8.0.1.9, thanks for your feedback.
              resigned

Comment

You guys are Awesome!

This is fantastic! All looks to be working great. I have been able to rip a DVD now.
                By far, this is the BEST support I have received for a product ever!

Thanks xubin! Happy New Year!!

Comment

Working...
                X