BD ISO issues on version 8.0.1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD ISO issues on version 8.0.1.8

Hi I have Passkey latest build (not beta).

while I have no problem making test ISO from 2 of my BluRays using Passkey and latest version is ImageBurn, I could not verify whether they actually work.

Both VLC Media Player and XMBC failed to play any of the BD ISOs and I do not have a hardware media player yet to test it (plannning on either the Netgear NeoTV or the Dune Smart. The BD ISO simply woudl not load. No problem playing DVD ISOs using the same method and playing through the same PC software players.

Are any of you aware of any PC software media player that plays BD ISOs besides these 2 so I can try? Are there anything that I should be aware of while playing and making BD ISOs?

Thank you.

Please try with TotalMedia Theatre 5 after you mounted the ISO.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Thansk but I did just that I could not find a way to play ISO with Total Media Theatre, have I missed anything ?

Comment

Give DVDFab virtual drive a try http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10128

Comment

Thanks for the tip but a dumb question, I downloaded and installed it, all went OK, small icon appeared but see no addtional drive on my PC, Win7-64-bit, it still has plenty of drive letters avaiable, how do you use it ?

Comment

did you restart computer? After the computer restart you can right click the icon in the notification bar and select mount. Then you be directed to find the iso you want to mount once mounted you can play the iso like the actual disc is in your drive

Comment

Strange, the software after installation never asked me to restart the PC but I restarted it anyway upon your advice and after that ... still the same, I checked the online userguide I was right on the spot but there was no 'Number of drive ... " thingy on the menu

I don't think I am that bad with PC but then again is there some tricks to get it working? Again there are plenty of drive letters left for assignment.

No Mount drive command, all I have is an gray out Unmount All command !
              Last edited by breadvan; 01-07-2011, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Sorry I have to give up on Virtual Drive, just didn't work on my PC. However, I downloaded MagicISO and it worked instantly without a hitch, but still no go with BD ISO, while DVD ISO made from Passkey mounted and played just fine, BD ISO is still a mystery for my case.

Comment

And if you create the ISO with some other program?
                  人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                  Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

@breadvan
                    It seems DVDFab Virtual Drive was not install correctly, i send PM to u.
                    resigned

Comment

Thanks guys, I uninstalled and installed again and this time it worked. My problem it must be.

Comment

@breadvan
                        Good news, :-)
                        resigned

Comment

Working...
                        X