Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Roxio CinePlayer BD and Blu-ray Regions

Hello,

I have read Passkey works with Roxio CinePlayer BD, but the Blu-ray-Region-reset option is only for PDVD, TMT, and WinDVD.

Out of curiosity: Where and how does Roxio CinePlayer BD store Region and Region-counter information?

Thank you and many greetings,

Mediafox

I could check if Roxio would offer a trial version.

You can run regmon and check where the program is reading it from.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I do not have the Player; currently, I have no Blu-ray equipment at all.

But since Blu-ray Region codes are verified only by the player software, not by the drive or the operating system and can easier be bypassed than DVD Region codes, I am just interested in how the different players handle the Region information.

But perhaps someone who has the Roxio CinePlayer BD could do what you suggested and tell us.

Comment

Originally posted by mediafox View Post
        I do not have the Player; currently, I have no Blu-ray equipment at all.

But since Blu-ray Region codes are verified only by the player software, not by the drive or the operating system and can easier be bypassed than DVD Region codes, I am just interested in how the different players handle the Region information.

But perhaps someone who has the Roxio CinePlayer BD could do what you suggested and tell us.

Hmmm... I think you'll find that Roxio isn't as popular here as maybe elsewhere (Roxio's propaganda notwithstanding)... your suggestion may result in somewhat fewer responses than you'd like to see...

All I can suggest is that you try to squeeze the info from Roxio's support people, and failing that, look for another BD player with 'known' info (or ask whoever put you up to asking this question, as it now doesn't involve either Passkey or Fab)...

DC

Comment

I do not believe Roxio people will tell us how it works, and the methods of the other players are known to me (However I don't know how Passkey can reset WinDVD without booting in the "Safe Mode," which is necessary for the hack I know).
          Passkey has been tested with CinePlayer BD, perhaps the one who performed the test could also find it out.

Comment

It is very easy to reset, my friend uses the program.

When opening BD settings the program will create a file with drive letter of drive in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\sonic.
            Just delete that file and voila, it is "Not Set".

Not Set:
            Only 0

Region A:
            First byte 01

Region B:
            First byte 02

Region C:
            First byte 04

I attached an example for Region C for drive Z.

@mediafox
            There is a difference in testing. I mostly guess only playing back got tested.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 01-15-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Good, perhaps CinePlayer BD can now be added to Passkey's Blu-ray-Region-Reset option.

Comment

Just checked WinDVD, I can reset it on the fly (System blocks other access to ivireg.ivr), but so far haven't found out how to start again without pc reboot (stupid kernel driver regi).

Comment

Just checked, Passkey already supports CinePlayer (change of JADL007585WL with above bytes is also enough).

But Passkey doesn't refresh when opening settings again (in CinePlayer Region C is set and B is shown). Better implement drive's region to Passkey, so user can change each as he wants.

Comment

Working...
                  X