Decrypting HD-DVD Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decrypting HD-DVD Titles

I am experimenting with converting HD-DVD titles to BD and/or DVD.
    I was under the impression that Passkey is capable of decrypting HD-DVD titles. However, it does not seem to work. Did I understand incorrectly, or is there a problem or has this capability been deactivated?
    My testing has been with the "Anchorman" HD-DVD, in case that helps. I've tried under both Win7Pro64 and WinXP/SP3. It behaves as if it has loaded the title, but other programs, such as Clown_BD, cannot find the video/audio streams afterwards.
    I've tried both ripping the full title to hard disc with Passkey before processing, and simply activating Passkey and processing directly from the disc.
    Maybe I am doing something incorrectly?
    Last edited by Rich86; 03-16-2012, 07:50 PM.

It is my understanding HD is no longer supported. Blu-Ray won the war!
    Last edited by 90312; 03-16-2012, 09:21 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      It is my understanding HD is no longer supported. Blu-Ray won the war!
      Yes blu-ray won the format war - making the ability to rip and preserve HD-DVDs in a different HD format even more valuable?
      But the primary issue here is that Passkey presents screens and options making it appear that HD-DVD IS in fact, supported. Just launch Passkey, open up "Settings" and click "HD-DVD" to see what I am talking about.
      Last edited by Rich86; 03-16-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I know it looks like it should but I'm not completely sure, maybe an expert will happen by and let us both know for certain. In the mean time update to 8.0.5.5 and try again.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Doing a search this is all I could find on the subject.

The post is over a year old so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
            Doing a search this is all I could find on the subject.

The post is over a year old so who knows.
            Yes - I saw that post when I started researching when I ran into problems. Hopefully one of the developers will take a peek in here and give us some guidance.

Comment

fix coming in next release for HD-DVD decrypting

I was able to get in touch with one of the developers. He says a problem occurred with the HD-DVD decrypting process accidentally when adding new features to Passkey - and the HD-DVD problem will be corrected in the next release of Passkey. Excellent!

Comment

I wonder if 8057 fixes the broken HD-DVD decryption capability - I don't see that fix listed in the update info . . .

Comment

It should works, plz try.
                  resigned

Comment

Working...
                  X