DVD-RAM discs no longer supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD-RAM discs no longer supported?

Downloaded and installed 8.0.5.8 yesterday (4-1-2012), and now DVDFab Passkey no longer opens DVD-RAM discs.

Are they no longer supported? How do I get an older version of Passkey? I have lifetime subscription.

Do you burn DVD-VIDEO or another format to the DVD-RAM disc?

Please post the internal log file, thanks.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

DVD-RAM discs

It's video from JVC DR-MV100B set-top dvd recorder (DVD-VR). Attached please find log (apparently it's from beginning of time).

Thank you for prompt reply.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've never used RAM discs so I'm just guessing.
        I suspect the problem is one of Fab not recognizing DVD-VR Files as DVD compliant structure rather than a specific version failure, but who knows?

Based on my own experience as well as other users, Fab is hit or miss with DVD-VR...more often miss.
        Last edited by maineman; 04-02-2012, 06:30 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You guys ever tried a bit for bit clone with DVDFab? I copied PS2 games that way a long time ago and they are anything but DVD compliant structured.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            You guys ever tried a bit for bit clone with DVDFab? I copied PS2 games that way a long time ago and they are anything but DVD compliant structured.
            Haha, nope never tried... don't own one and it's been awhile since my son's PS2/PS3 have been under my roof...

I have had limited success with Fab on a few non-compliant files, but to be honest, I haven't tried many.
            I have had a bit better luck with the old dvddecrypter and I recall some PS2 users had success with it.

Just goes to show...
            You can't have too many tools in your toolbox...

Thanks 90312
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Please re-download v8058, we have updated installer to fix the problem.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.

Comment

DVD-VR RAM disc still will not open

Thank you for all your hard work on this.
                Unfortunately DVDFab Passkey still will not open a DVD RAM disc with VR files as it did in the past.

I tried 8058 again (even uninstalling and then reinstalling), and I tried 8059 as well. There are no new log files since the discs were not opened. The info screen in Passkey reports that "media type is unknown," "disc type is unknown," and that "disc is not open."

Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Please try passkey v8060 and post new entry in passkey_internal.log, thanks.

Comment

passkey_internal.log

Attached please find log after installing v8060.
                    Thank you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

8.0.6.3 version will open DVD-VR files from DVD RAM disc

Thank you Fengtao!

Am very pleased that DVD Fab Passkey version 8.0.6.3 will open DVD-VR files from DVD RAM disc.

Comment

Working...
                      X