Problems with PowerDVD 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with PowerDVD 12

Does anyone have any insight into this issue, please?

I've been using Passkey 8.0.8.6 and PowerDVD 11 Ultra with no problems, but I've just upgraded to PowerDVD 12, and things aren't going well. Discs that played without issue with the previous combination, now won't load until I unload Passkey.

The pattern seems to be the same, regardless of the disc. Brief details: the disc goes through Passkey validation, appears to be handed off to PowerDVD successfully (PowerDVD loads the disc), and the menu audio starts to play, but the video never updates – I'm left with the PowerDVD update screen – and then the disc locks up. If I shut down PowerDVD, then unload Passkey, then try again, the disc works.

I'm not assuming the problem is with Passkey, especially since it worked fine with the previous version of PowerDVD, but I'm stuck for how to start troubleshooting this. I'd appreciate any help.
    A' Ghàidhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Which version of PowerDVD 12 do you use? Here is 12.0.2118a.57, it plays fine with Passkey runing.
    resigned

Comment

Thanks for the reply, xubin, and I'm sorry I didn't post this spec before. Yes, I'm also using 12.0.2118a.57 of PDVD 12 Ultra. I checked for updates od PDVD before posting here, in case that resolved the issue.

Haven't had any reply from Cyberlink yet, but it's been the weekend, so that's not too surprising.

Comment

Well, this never got resolved, but I believe it was an issue with Cyberlink and not DVDFab.

For many reasons, and not all bug-related, I abandoned PowerDVD 12 and went back to version 11. Problem's gone away.

Comment

Working...
        X