Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy

Hi all maybe this question has been asked a hundred times so please just point me in the correct direction.
    If I convert my blue ray James Bond Skyfall into a MKV file, then back to a Blue ray will this stop the Cinavia cutting in after 20 mins or so. Many thanks in advance for your help. I want to keep my original disc in mint condition.

No it won't.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks

GregiBoy, many thanks for the reply

Comment

Sorry for the terse reply. I didn't give a full explanation as I was in a hurry.

If you play the file on Cinivia infected equipment, there is a good chance that it will recognise the Cinivia (eg: Some PC Software Players, Blu-Ray players & TV's via USB). It is worth a try though on your target equipment. It depends whether the manufacturer has been forced into obtaining a licence which MUST include Cinivia.

I have come across some hardware that, although recognising Cinivia from disk, does not recognise it from file.

You can blame Sony for this and the best way to counter it is to vote with your wallet and don't purchase Sony equipment.

If you play the file on most modern Media Players such as the Pivos & WDTV, it will not cut in as they are not restricted because they do not licence the crap insisted on by Sony.

Hope this helps.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X