HD-DVD rip failed with Passkey Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other HD-DVD rip failed with Passkey Lite

Hi, guys, need your help for HD-DVD rip.
    I've a lot of HD-DVDs I'm trying to rip them to HDD with Passkey Lite. Many will work fine, but some fail completely:

- Space Cowboys: Disc is read (Passkey bar is shown), a rip to HDD started, but getting slower versus time until it's very slow (remain time >20 hours).
    I stopped the rip, converted the ripped .evo to m2ts and tried to repair it by TS Doctor. This showed many failures above 39minutes. But same disc played on my HDDVD-player from Tosh (XE1) very well.
    Any idea what could be wrong there?

- Blood Diamond and Clockwork Orange are not read by my LG-HDDVD/BD drive at all, at least no passkey bar appears.
    And until now I didn't succeed to play HDDVDs on my PC. Any advice to do so, e.g. with Nero Show Time or other programs?
    The discs even may blockade the PC when trying to eject disc or turn PC down.

All critical discs are from WB.
    I read many threads about HD-DVD rip, also, that many WB-Titles may get corrupt vs. years (!), not running on HDDVD players any longer or with stuttering or hang up only. But this is not with my discs, they only cannot get ripped as described.

Any idea what I could do?
    I've DVDFab BDCopy Lifetime and am ready to achieve other parts if they were helpful with HDDVD rips (Passkey isn't able to rip HDDVDs, right?).
    Can it be that there are later copy protections on these discs?

I'm aware that also HDDVD players had to be upgraded for this in 2007, but no idea if this is needed with PC drives too. I read anywhere that this would be done automatically by the drive in the moment a new AACS is found on disc and this even would be shown in the "Info" menu of Passkey.
    This shows for my drive "AACS v1, AGIDs: 1, revocation level MKBv18+", so it seams that already v18 versions have been found or "revoked".

For the disc "Space Cowboys" the Info menu sows "MKBv1", the others cannot be read or their info be shown.

Passkey lite has limitations, see this: http://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-lite.htm
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, 90312, for the fast reply.
      I'm aware about these restrictions of Passkey Lite. But as much as I know it's the only DVDFab Feature able to rip HDDVDs, isn't it?
      If not so, as I wrote, I'd be ready to buy another program, but which one?
      Do you know if DVDPasskey (not Lite) can do this?
      Do you think MakeMKV is able for this?
      Any help in ripping HDDVDs is welcome.

And with which program can I play them on PC, please?

Dietrich

Comment

dvdfab should still be able to rip HD DVD discs using full disc mode - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26444
        more info - http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-hd-...hd-dvd-213111/
        Last edited by october262; 12-24-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks october 262,
          When starting DVDFab (I've Blu-ray Copy Lifetime) and inserting the HDDVD nothing happens, DVDFab does'nt open it though Main Movie or Complete is selected. As per the HD-Decrypter tutorial this should work.
          Now as much as I understood HD Decrypter is part of DVDFab and the Licence Info also shows "HD Decrypter … never runs out and is activated".
          But how to start it? The line cannot be highlighted (I've DVDFab v9.1.7.9) and I don't see any option to start HD Decrypter.
          When DVDFab is started I've only the options "Copy, Ripper, Converter or Creator". Also in Settings I don't see anything for Decrypter.
          Someone can help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Diebel View Post
            Thanks october 262,
            When starting DVDFab (I've Blu-ray Copy Lifetime) and inserting the HDDVD nothing happens, DVDFab does'nt open it though Main Movie or Complete is selected. As per the HD-Decrypter tutorial this should work.
            Now as much as I understood HD Decrypter is part of DVDFab and the Licence Info also shows "HD Decrypter … never runs out and is activated".
            But how to start it? The line cannot be highlighted (I've DVDFab v9.1.7.9) and I don't see any option to start HD Decrypter.
            When DVDFab is started I've only the options "Copy, Ripper, Converter or Creator". Also in Settings I don't see anything for Decrypter.
            Someone can help me?
            try dvdfab passkey - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26280
            it also seems that HDDVD support has been dropped, you will need to find an older earlier version that supports the HDDVD format.
            Last edited by october262; 12-24-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

@moderator (he should know),
              In my first thread I wrote that I've tried this with Passkey Lite already (without success with these discs but others worked well) and I'd also asked if Passkey was able to do that, without reply. That's why I hoped for HD Decrypter.
              But it seams that both use the same decrypter that will fail with special HDDVDs (maybe the latest ones).
              Of course I'd pay for Passkey if it would succeed, is there a trial version for this too? But I doubt.
              Merry christmas to all!

Comment

I would go straight to the source here: http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm

I just don't know about HDDVD
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X