The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug Passkey issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug Passkey issues

I have the most recent copy of passkey from the forums installed. Running windows 7 pro 64 bit. The disc I am trying to archive is called "the hobbit desolation of smaug". It is region 1.

I did a quick search of the forums and seen a few threads on this subject and from what I can tell it was originally a bug but it appears to have been sorted out already as it was a long time ago. I guess I felt my issue might not be the same so I started a new thread. Please forgive me if it is the same and things are not sorted.

I put the disc in my drive and passkey appears to read it. I get a blupath message which I take as a good sign. I go to rip to hard disk or image and neither will start the process. Checked other bd's and they appear to be fine so it is specific with this title. I went to save ifo files and the program shutdown on me and I have to reopen it. I can post some logs I found in the passkey folder. I am quite new at this and am not sure what I am posting. If not correct please let me know.
    Attached Files

I'm a PC but it won't work for me either. I booted to the W7x64 side and tried to rip to the HDD both ways and neither would work. Something specific to this title.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I do have some good news. Passkey won't image it or rip it but since it is removing the copy protection it allowed IMGBURN to do it to iso. Tested with powerdvd and windvd 9 pro and both played the iso back fine.

At least passkey is doing the decryption part and that is the main thing. Not sure why it won't do the copy part of the equation but since it is my one and only disc I have found this way I'm not sure at this point what is going on. Thankfully it's just the one.

I have passkey set for region a instead of picking it from the beginning option.
      Last edited by joeg01; 03-14-2015, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Back when it first came out there was an illegal character trailing the title that gummed up the works, may have something to do with it. The DVD from the combo pack seems to work sort of, it will rip to the HDD but Fab's Media Player won't play them, plays everything else.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Something wrong with the output destination Passkey assigns. I got it to work by backspacing it out and typing in a destination myself. Attached:
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok very cool. I can get it to rip to iso now. I just copied what you had and pasted this in my destination field: G:\THE_HOBBIT_DESOLATION_OF_SMAUG.ISO.

I would however liked to had a choice to change the name or put it in something of a directory rather than the root. But the root is ripping as we speak. Now for a quick surprise. I tried this same thing but just tried files instead of image.

It flickered the drive a few secs then stopped. No ripping activity what so ever. Tried changing the path and name several times. No go. Just the iso which is awsome I assure you but still not being able to rip as a file folder is worrying me some come down the line with any other discs I might try. I hope you see why I am worried.

But I just want to say great catch on the directory thing. Much appreciated.

Comment

I hope you have better luck than me, it finished normally but the ISO is nowhere to be found?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X