Can't "Rip to Hard Disk"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't "Rip to Hard Disk"

I just switched over to DVDFab Passkey from Slysoft AnyDVD HD. It's not going so well. I've tried two different BD discs, "Everest" and "Spectre". The "Rip to Hard Disk" function is not working. When I click on "Rip to Hard Disk" the DVDPasskey icon in my taskbar turns red on the left and bottom edge. That's all that happens! I am able to "Rip to Image" so I mounted the ripped .iso image with DVDFab virtual drive and tried ripping to hard disk from that but get the same problem. Any ideas?

Attached Files

here's the tutorial for passkey -
    https://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-for-blu-ray.htm
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-09-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Have you exited anydvd or uninstalled it?

Comment

October262, thanks for the tutorial but I am very familiar with the process, the interface is nearly identical to AnyDVD. I did review the tutorial just to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
          Have you exited anydvd or uninstalled it?
          That's what I thought! AnyDVD was not uninstalled for my first rip but it was for my second rip. I was pretty sure that was the problem but it didn't help. Oddly enough I changed the 'destination' path to my desktop and the "Rip to Hard Disk" worked! I initially had the destination path set to one of my two 'data' drives but when I changed it to my C: drive it worked! Apparently DVDFab didn't like the destination folder on my data drive. I created a new destination folder on my data drive and now "Rip to Hard Drive" works with my data drive too. Thanks for your input!

Comment

There's no problem at all ripping your Spectre Blu-ray disc to Hard Disk, just did it for testing purposes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by berlintegel View Post
              There's no problem at all ripping your Spectre Blu-ray disc to Hard Disk, just did it for testing purposes.
              Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are correct, it is does work now. I mentioned in my last post that I figured it out. For some reason PassKey didn't like my 'destination' folder. I created a new destination folder and everything is now working. It was the same destination folder that I was using for AnyDVD so I guess thats what was causing the problem. All is well now.

My only issue now is with "Everest". It has Cinavia protection. The audio cuts out about half way through. I had to make an .iso image, play it on my laptop with DVDFab Media Player 2 and then stream it to my TV. A real pain but at least I got to finish watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by y2ken View Post
                My only issue now is with "Everest". It has Cinavia protection. The audio cuts out about half way through. I had to make an .iso image, play it on my laptop with DVDFab Media Player 2 and then stream it to my TV. A real pain but at least I got to finish watching it.
                You might consider picking up a media player or blu-ray player that is cinavia free. I use strictly Panasonic (DMP-BD55, 65 or 85) and Sony (BDP-S1000ES, S550, or S350) players. The Sony BDP-S570 is also clean of cinavia. Check player features carefully to make sure whatever you pick up will serve your needs. You will have to look for these used, but I find they show up in excellent condition and priced reasonably frequently. Most recently, I snagged a Panasonic DMP-BD65 complete with user manual, power cord & remote in excellent condition for $22 total delivered to my doorstep. All it needed was a firmware update, which I let it do over my wi-fi to the internet. It works great, including streaming capabilities when connected to my wireless access point in the home theater setup.
                Last edited by Rich86; 03-10-2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

BD Players without Cinavia

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                  You might consider picking up a media player or blu-ray player that is cinavia free. I use strictly Panasonic (DMP-BD55, 65 or 85) and Sony (BDP-S1000ES, S550, or S350) players. The Sony BDP-S570 is also clean of cinavia. Check player features carefully to make sure whatever you pick up will serve your needs. You will have to look for these used, but I find they show up in excellent condition and priced reasonably frequently. Most recently, I snagged a Panasonic DMP-BD65 complete with user manual, power cord & remote in excellent condition for $22 total delivered to my doorstep. All it needed was a firmware update, which I let it do over my wi-fi to the internet. It works great, including streaming capabilities when connected to my wireless access point in the home theater setup.
                  Thanks, that's a great idea. I'll check on eBay. How can you know that a BD player is Cinavia free? What "features" do you look for?

Comment

Working...
                  X