Errors every time even with older DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors every time even with older DVDs

I only decrypt standard NTSC DVDs (haven't moved up to blue ray yet due to cost). I used to use anyDVD (now unavailable) and it worked flawlessly but DVD passkey never gives me a complete, shrinkable DVD (I use an old program "DVD shrink" as I like it's compression algorithms). Every time it reports some invalid .VOB file. What's up with that? I just want a product that will work (most) every time without hassle. I really want to back up the FULL DVD including extras (I usually eliminate the foreign languages as it makes for less total shrinkage).

What Am I doing wrong. The only error I get is when Passkey is launched it tells me it can't reset my display to 75 hz (I don't need my display reset and why should it care how it's set as I'm not using any of it's internal player(s) anyhow).

I'm thinking there is some key setting I have wrong yet it doesn't present me with many options and they seem pretty generic and correct. Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers

What version of Passkey are you using? Is it licensed or the free "lite" version.
    If it is the "Lite" version, have you experimented with the free HD Decryptor? http://www.dvdfab.cn/hd-decrypter.htm
    You might try that.

Comment

Tried it, Passkey and DVD shrink are not working together. I tried other transcoders and encoders and all worked well with Passkey. Probably time to move on from DVD shrink.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Tried it, Passkey and DVD shrink are not working together. I tried other transcoders and encoders and all worked well with Passkey. Probably time to move on from DVD shrink.
        DVDShrink is a great program & it works fine for me. But I confess I do not rip with Passkey for DVDs.
        What titles are folks having problems with when ripping with Passkey?

Comment

I tried The Force Awakens DVD.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I tried The Force Awakens DVD.
            Interesting . . DVDShrink refuses to open the Passkey ripped files for this title, but DVDShrink opens that DVD directly without any problems. DVDDeCryptor opens it without issue also. Is it possible Passkey does something to the title on the way by that causes problems for other programs trying to use the ripped output?

Comment

Huh? You're right shrink will do the disk without Passkey, must not be heavily protected, CSS keys only. I wonder if the output will play in order?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Huh? You're right shrink will do the disk without Passkey, must not be heavily protected, CSS keys only. I wonder if the output will play in order?
                more info . . if you rip this title with DVDFab, the resulting folders/files open in DVDShrink just fine.
                The problem with the Passkey rip seems to be in the VTS_01_1.vob

This title also has multiple (3) "angles" in the video probably for language differences (french signs or graphics in the video if french is chosen for audio, for example). Disney does this on a fair number of titles.
                Last edited by Rich86; 06-19-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

What would you recommend as a good program to replace DVD shrink?

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                  What version of Passkey are you using? Is it licensed or the free "lite" version.
                  If it is the "Lite" version, have you experimented with the free HD Decryptor? http://www.dvdfab.cn/hd-decrypter.htm
                  You might try that.
                  Yes I have a license and am using the latest release (I always update immediately in hopes that they fix this problem . FWIW I have an older trial version of DVDfab that will shrink it BUT even it will only find the main movie and leaves out the extras. If you can think of a different transcoder please let me know.

In Retrospect I should have bought the license for the full version of DVDfab but it was a bit pricey. Maybe next year....... So far I feel my dollars were wasted buying passkey.

Comment

Here is my recommendation, not so pricey: http://www.dvdfab.cn/order.htm?pid=dvd-copy
                    Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

[QUOTE=Jrble;187883]What would you recommend as a good program to replace DVD shrink?

Try using DVD-RB (search for JDobbs). It is not a ripper so it does not replace Passkey, but I expect it will open up the output of Passkey just fine. I think it can compress an entire DVD including menus, etc.

My other suggestion is to just try ripping with DVDDecryptor or DVDShrink directly before running Passkey to see if it works. Often with newer titles that will not work, & you need Passkey, but it is worth a shot.

Comment

DVD Rebuilder will work with Passkey on this title but be advised I installed Microsoft Office 2016 on my Windows 10 drive and it disabled rebuilder. I have to use rebuilder on the Windows 7 drive and an older version of Office.

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVD Rebuilder will work with Passkey on this title but be advised I installed Microsoft Office 2016 on my Windows 10 drive and it disabled rebuilder. I have to use rebuilder on the Windows 7 drive and an older version of Office.
                          Strange . . I cannot imagine what MS Office has to do with DVD-RB, but I suppose with Microsoft anything is possible . .

Comment

Probably just collateral damage but I'm not alone, several on their forum experienced the same thing. It will do main movie or full backup but uses encoders so fast it ain't!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Disable PathPlayer. It doesn't always get along with DVD Shrink.

Comment

Working...
                              X