Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Passkey Won't Launch!

Hi all,

I just purchased Passkey Lifetime. I downloaded 8.2.7.7 and installed it. When I launch the shortcut, I get a very fast flash of the registration screen but then it closes. I can't even read what it says. I tried on two different Windows 10 x64 systems and BOTH do the same thing.

Help?

Originally posted by muzicman82 View Post
    Hi all,

I just purchased Passkey Lifetime. I downloaded 8.2.7.7 and installed it. When I launch the shortcut, I get a very fast flash of the registration screen but then it closes. I can't even read what it says. I tried on two different Windows 10 x64 systems and BOTH do the same thing.

Help?
    Look in the lower right corner of your desktop for the Passkey icon showing it has been loaded & activated. Right click it to open a window for setup, options, actions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
      Look in the lower right corner of your desktop for the Passkey icon showing it has been loaded & activated. Right click it to open a window for setup, options, actions, etc.
      No icon. The process is not running. I just get a quick flash of the window and then it's gone.

Here's a crappy video from my phone. Sorry about the ad.. just the first editing app I saw on my phone.

Oh, and I just purchased and installed DVDFab Media Player, and that also won't launch. Your products are doing this on two different Windows 10 x64 PCs. What's going on? On a 3rd PC, Passkey installed and didn't launch but then I went back to the PC hours later and the registration window was up on the screen.
      Last edited by muzicman82; 07-03-2016, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Hi muzicman82
        Not sure if this will help but have you tried installing the exe files as administrator then running them???
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

throwing out ideas here:
          is there any possibility that you are running some sort of virus or adware protection software that is shutting down DVDFab products? Or maybe a firewall not permitting the software to connect to DVDFab to confirm license & have access to enabling codes for newer discs?

Comment

Originally posted by muzicman82 View Post
            Hi all,

Help?
            Your not running the latest windows 10 Insider preview by chance are you if so go back to the latest official non beta windows 10 operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
              Your not running the latest windows 10 Insider preview by chance are you if so go back to the latest official non beta windows 10 operating system.
              One of the systems is on Insider builds, and the one that eventually let me register is not. Why should that matter anyway?

Comment

It appears the app is crashing. From Event Viewer:

Code:
                Faulting application name: DVDFabPasskey.exe, version: 8.2.7.7, time stamp: 0x576b692f
                Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
                Exception code: 0xc0000005
                Fault offset: 0x968e4338
                Faulting process id: 0x10bc
                Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d6597b48674e
                Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Passkey\DVDFabPasskey.exe
                Faulting module path: unknown
                Report Id: ae5e536b-0870-46ae-8d2f-90a1119fa85c
                Faulting package full name: 
                Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comment

Core I-7 laptop.
                  Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 1511, Build 10586.420
                  Passkey 8277 seems to run fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X