Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STAR TREK TNG SEASON 7 (Not Decrypting correctly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other STAR TREK TNG SEASON 7 (Not Decrypting correctly)

I've been trying to decrypt Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 7 and it does for the most part except for the DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 track. When in DVDFab (latest edition) it only has it as AC3/7.1 When I play this in my Oppo BDP-93 or in PowerDVD without first decrypting it, the MA 7.1 track is there. I've tried this with all six discs and it won't decrypt it. I've included the log file too, also I'm using Passkey v8.2.8.5.
    Attached Files

You say when in DvdFab it has only 7.1 ac/3 is their a fab log did you make a disk or copy to hard drive with fab? The Fab log will tell if the movie has dts master sound and if you included it in your copy if made with DvdFab.

The pass key log says 0m 16.29s: full disc copy/play is supported
    Is this the free version or regular version of pass key?

Comment

Here's the Fab log. Yes it only states ac3/7.1. Now if I put the disc in my Blu-ray player (Oppo-BDP-93) it has DTS-HD MA 7.1, also if I don't try and decrypt it and just play it on the fly inside PowerDVD it has DTS-HD MA 7.1. It's only when I try and decrypt it that the DTS-HD MA doesn't show.

My copy of Passkey is fully activated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you have " copy audio " selected ??
        And don't check " remove hd audio "
        See here - http://blog.dvdfab.cn/something-you-...l-with-it.html
        Last edited by october262; 08-29-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Yes copy audio is selected no I haven't checked remove HD audio. Let's put it this way when using passkey and then BdInfo, the MA track doesn't even show up because it's not being decrypted.

Comment

When making a Mkv with Fab using the regular MKV profile in advanced settings on the left side you will see the button after a movie is loaded in ripper click on it scroll down to audio and put a check mark in the copy audio box this will copy same audio as on disk.There's also a Mkv passthrough profile if used will do the same for audio and video making a uncompressed large MKV.
            Last edited by 3dman; 08-29-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
              When making a Mkv with Fab using the regular MKV profile in advanced settings on the left side you will see the button after a movie is loaded in ripper click on it scroll down to audio and put a check mark in the copy audio box this will copy same audio as on disk.There's also a Mkv passthrough profile if used will do the same for audio and video making a uncompressed large MKV.
              I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with what my issue is. It is not getting decoded.

Comment

Have you tried using the clone mode option - -https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-copy.htm
                Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-09-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

The posted Fab log was for mkv so advice on mkv was posted.Try to be a little clearer as your first post say's you used dvdfab and at the end of the first post you talk about a different program passkey.

So what you mean is using passkey to watch a store brought Star trek disk on Power dvd your getting no Dts master sound but playing them from disk directly you are getting hd master sound Correct?

Comment

No that feature is unavailable to me. It doesn't show up outside of Dvdfab and it doesn't show up when in Dvdfab. The developers need to work on getting it to decrypt that season of discs correctly.

Comment

The log from Pathplayer says this:
                      0m 16.29s: full disc copy/play is supported
                      It normally means the disks copy protection is not fully taken out yet.Play support maybe just 7.1 ac/3 for now.
                      So try loading a disk in and use the full disk profile see if the Dts master sound shows up.
                      If the Dts master 7.1 sound doesn't show up in the full disk profile then the disks need more work to be fully supported by fab
                      You attempted to make a mkv the log says so and it's not likely to work or any other profile with Dts master sound.
                      Last edited by 3dman; 08-29-2016, 09:33 PM. Reason: edit job

Comment

As you can see from the two screenshots one is from season 6 disc 4 and the MA7.1 is showing as there in BDInfo. The other screenshot is of season 7 disc 2 and it has a higher lever of encryption and as you can see the MA7.1 is not there. So as I said before Passkey is not decrypting the season 7 discs all the way.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

We need some files of the disc to help to check this, please check your forum message, thanks!

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I took a look at my copy from my region B TNG blu rays. The copy was made with DVDFab BD Copy. As you can see in the attached screenshots:

BDInfo shows two english 2.0 audio tracks - similar to the second screenshot from AcIDc0r3. ClownBD shows one 2.0 and one 7.1 DTS audio track. DVDFab BD Ripper shows also an english 7.1 audio track. All from the same copy. I ripped those TNG shows from season 7 with ClownBD into BD ISO. My amp displays "DTS" when running those ISO files, assuming the DTS track is chosen - the german and the english 2.0 audio track is also contained in thoses ISO files.

So the 7.1 audio track is available but seems to play a little bit hide and seek

I made no screenshot - but I took a look at a season 6 BD, too. There BDInfo shows one 2.0 and one 7.1 audio track - similar to the first screenshot from AcIDc0r3.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi wgk.derdicke,

we got the ISO from AcIDc0r3 and checking the problem.

Strange in this, DTS-HD Master 7.1 is shown when playing on PowerDVD but ac3-2.0 is shown in BDinfo and AC3-7.1 is shown in DVDFab....

Wilson
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X