Differences between DVDFAB and Passkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences between DVDFAB and Passkey

I have blue ray and dvd copier that I use. I also have DVD and Blue ray passkey (V8). What is the difference between the two? I just back up my dvd's and blue ray to hard drives since I do not need to make dvd's Since I have the DVDFAB package, what advantage on getting Passkey? Does it have to do with the different protections? (Cinavia or BD+)?

Passkey is used mostly to play a store brought disk on your computer or put it on your computer version 8 won't have all the new protections but the Fab program will be up to date like passkey 9.You can do a lot with the fab program like compress and burn disks that you can't do with passkey.Theirs great tutor's on what both programs can do on the tutorial page.

Comment

If you just want to watch your DVDs/Blurays on your PC, or rip them to your computer's harddrive as either an ISO file, or their folder structure, and use other tools to work with them (like a player app, BD-Rebuilder, Nero Recode, Handbrake, etc) that can't can't work with copy protected discs. Then you use Passkey for that.

DVDFab DVD Ripper, and DVDFab Bluray Ripper... don't need Passkey to do their tasks as the ripper apps have the decrypt/rip feature built in, but they save their output to various video file formats (MKV, MP4, etc).

So like I'll use Passkey to first rip a disc to a folder on my hard drive, then I'll fire up another tool to convert to MKV or MP4. Or I'll just use Passkey to rip to .ISO file, then drop that ISO on my Plex Media Server for use that way.

Or I'd use DVDFab Bluray Ripper to put my Transformers Age of Extinction 3D disc in my drive, and use Ripper to rip/convert to a MKV file in a "one click" type operation.

So its up to you if you need both.

I will say this... I like using Passkey to rip a few discs to folders on my hard drive first, then set those up as a batch job in DVDFab Ripper, start it, and walk away... rather than having to do each disc one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Avetta View Post
        I have blue ray and dvd copier that I use. I also have DVD and Blue ray passkey (V8). What is the difference between the two? I just back up my dvd's and blue ray to hard drives since I do not need to make dvd's Since I have the DVDFAB package, what advantage on getting Passkey? Does it have to do with the different protections? (Cinavia or BD+)?
        I have been a licensed user of DVDFab since . . well version "Platinum 3" would you believe. That was a very long time ago.
        If your only need is to back-up your DVDs and/or Blu-Rays to your hard disk, you surely do not need both DVDFab & Passkey. One or the other should serve your purposes. If you already have lifetime licenses for DVDFab: DVD copy and Blu-Ray copy, then I expect you are all set. I have never seen a situation where Passkey can rip a title that DVDFab cannot - but I expect anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
        X