Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What process to follow when Passkey chokes on a disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other What process to follow when Passkey chokes on a disc?

Is there a standard process for feeding info to the developers when you come across a new Blu-ray that Passkey can't currently handle?

For instance, I'm using Passkey 9.0.0.6, and tried to open the primary disc of the new Universal Legacy Set of The Wolf Man on Blu-ray. It took several minutes before I even got the "BluPath started" message, and after about eight minutes it finally told me "Region: ?", which I've never seen before.

Of course there will always be discs DVDFab won't have been able to test -- they can't have access to every disc out there -- so it would be great if notifying of problem discs, and being able to upload the necessary config files somewhere, could be made more accessible. What do you think, Mods?

In the meantime, what should I do to get this disc addressed?
    A' Ghàidhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Open Passkey and click on BluRay and set the region then try again if it fails post the log.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Ermm, thanks 90312, but that's not what I asked.

I already know that DVDFab fails on certain discs, and I know that it's because that version (usually the Australian release) isn't in the Passkey reference database.

That's understandable, because DVDFab can't have access to every release there is, of course. :-) I was simply asking how to get the necessary info (which isn't contained in the BluPath log) to someone who can add the title to the database so that Passkey *does* work on those discs.

Comment

From Fabs posted info. on Pathplayer:
        As we all know, to prevent consumers from making backups of their legally purchased DVDs and Blu-rays, the film industry and major movie studios never stop trying. They will for sure constantly bring in new technologies to frequently upgrade the protection schemes. With the traditional decryption approach, whenever some new forms of protections show up, users will have to wait for an software update to solve the problem. Now with DVDFab CDS technology, this has changed. As soon as a new protection is detected on a DVD/Blu-ray disc, PathPlayer/BluPath shall immediately gather the protection information on the problematic disc and then automatically upload to our server, which once confirming such report is received, shall send out an automated alert to our developers so they know exactly what’s happening at the user’s end, and they will take quick actions to work out a solution, which usually takes no longer than one day. As soon as the new protection is handled, the decryption data shall be put back into the Secure Decryption Databank, at this point, users having problems with the same DVDs and Blu-rays should no longer experience the pain

Comment

That's the ideal, sure. Doesn't seem to be happening, though, at least not with every disc.

I've just had a PM from one of the staff asking me to manually upload part of the disc contents of a problem disc (Independence Day: Resurgence) to the FTP site so the developers can look into it. I have no problem with that, since as I said DVDFab can't possibly have access to every new type of disc automatically, but that's why I was asking if there can be an acknowledged procedure for where Passkey does choke on a disc. I have other titles Passkey can't manage (for instance, the two recent Hammer double-bill discs from Mill Creek) that Passkey presumably went through this "automatic upload" process on when I first let Passkey try to access them, but several weeks later Passkey still can't read them, so clearly they weren't processed and added to the Databank either. Not a criticism; I'm just trying (for mutual benefit, I acknowledge) to help find a solution.

Comment

I can't answer this question as to why it's not working as told in the hype that's a question for the staff to answer but What seems like the answer for now for both pass key and Fab is to send the requested files to a post zipped to the forum or sent to their FTP sight.

Ask here if staff wants the other disks files that won't work for you in passkey maybe they can answer your question to why Passkey don't work as they claim.

Comment

Working...
            X