This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ripping feature

Do you think you will ever add a rip to hard drive option like the other program has.Ive tried this out with dvd shrink,nero 7 nero 9 all movies played.It does take longer to open some of the disney disks than the other program which i have used for years. But they opened and worked.When will we find out about pricing.

Passkey was not made to rip but to decrypt and that is what it does and it does it the way it supposed to unlike the competitor. Now DVDFab is back into the market for the on the fly decryptor and is working better than the competitor. No reason to add rip to hard drive when you are able to use DVDshrink, 1click or other programs and have it work with out ripping first

Comment

If you want to copy DVD/BD to hard disk, you can use our another freeware DVDFab HD Decrypter to do it.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I myself thought the rip dvd to hard drive was a really good feature that the other program has.i have seen dvd shrink,nero recode and other programs struggle with some of the newer movies and after i have ripped with other program dvd shrink or recode or any other program i have used in the past hasnt had problems after. This was just a suggestion.this is why its still a beta and free isnt it.you want people like myself that have been burning movies for years to offer our opinions.ive tried a bunch of movies new and old and im impressed with this so far.would really like to see a price though.thanks

Comment

I think what fengtao is trying to say is that a product without the ripping feature was the whole point of Passkey. DVDFab Passkey allows you to use the software player, video editor, and/or ripper of your choice without those programs having to be updated for the latest decryption and copy protection removal of modern DVDs and Blu-Rays.

If you are just looking for decrypt plus rip then use DVDFab DVD to DVD which is the main purpose of that product.

Comment

Using the ripper of choice is nice. What would be nice for that would be if Passkey would copy the folders to the hard drive. No matter what ripper is used, it will use the source disk or source files. A lot of people like to work from the folders off the HD for several reasons: Backup stored on the HD, conversion to multiple formats for different devices, reliability of data stream off the HD versus a disc media, convenience of storage now for conversion later, etc.

Its a matter of convenience and I am inclined to agree. The settings GUI is the same as DVDFab. Why not add the save for DVD files back and add a Right Click option or button to the pop-up window along with % read-out for immediate backup of files in DVD-9. I would say that isn't even technically a ripper.

Ok, by definition it is a ripper, but come on. When we talk about rippers, the main idea is video conversion in the sense of compression - be that as simple as DVD9-5 or as extreme a compression as say 3GP. I wouldn't think it to be too hard to add back such a feature that doesn't compress, and I wouldn't think it would tarnish the marketing of this as a stand-alone decrypter and not a ripper.

I don't think you would be going into a "Grey Area" between DVDFab and where you are headed with Passkey with such a feature. And if you do think so, you could add the feature, make it another new product and call it DVDFab Lite!

Comment

Passkey was not made to be a ripper so I am closing this thread down before it gets out of control

Comment

Working...
              X