This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Passkey 7.0.0.5 Beta is great

I have tested this beta in both 64bit and 32bit and cannot find a movie it wont handle. This is truely a proud day for all Fab Lovers.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Have you tried New Moon or Up In The Air?

Comment

I have been playing with passkey 7005 this afternoon with several movies and several different programs.

This release works without a hitch for me with all movies tried and all software tried including 1Click DVD Copy just as the release notes said it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        I have been playing with passkey 7005 this afternoon with several movies and several different programs.

This release works without a hitch for me with all movies tried and all software tried including 1Click DVD Copy just as the release notes said it would.
        I just installed the new beta 7.0.0.6 and this is even better than the last, all the movies mentioned above work fine, it the BD+ movies that I thought would be a problem, but no problems there either, what a great day.

Comment

What are some of the movies and what programs?

Comment

Originally posted by toaddub View Post
            What are some of the movies and what programs?
            Well, the list of movies is really too long, I have tested most of my collection, over 100 movies, what movies would you like me to try. I have most , original and backup. As for programs, DVD Shrink, 1ClickDVDPro and Copy, AVS, DVD2One, etc. I have most programs also.

Comment

Then try your programs and Dvd Decrypter with Inglorious Basterds as I reported in other thread, http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3862

How 'bout with Dvd Rebuilder Pro and BD-Rebuilder?

Comment

Originally posted by toaddub View Post
                Then try your programs and Dvd Decrypter with Inglorious Basterds as I reported in other thread, http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3862

How 'bout with Dvd Rebuilder Pro and BD-Rebuilder?
                I really do not use BD Rebuilder for a variety of reasons, one that it takes way too long, the other is that anytime you compress a Bluray disc you really lose quality. I like to backup my BD disc just as they are. I will try Inglorious Bastards even though I thought the movie sucked. LOL. DVDD is old and outdated I dont even use it anymore, but I will give it a go with for you also.
                Last edited by Chameleon; 03-12-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Of course, any compression will lose quality. Whether it is visually noticeable is another story. I don't know how well DvdFab Bluray portion compression goes and how long it takes, so the interested user can compare those with BD-RB. From what I read, compressing down to BD-9 still receive great quality.

yeah, DVDD is outdated, that's why Passkey is needed. The same goes for DVD Shrink. The only time I use DVDD is with RI4M on titles with no updated protection because RI4M makes a "cleaner" rip than DVDFab.

Comment

Hi toadub,
                    Yes, we dont need DVDD anymore now that we have Passkey but as for a cleaner rip, you have to explain that. I am very aware of Ripit4me and I dont think it make any better a copy than Fab or many other programs. Just my opinion of course. I never thought FixVTS made a cleaner rip, just a good one. But thats all gone now and we have Passkey, I am very happy with it.

Comment

To further elaborate on a cleaner rip, I will have to compare what the 2 products do in more technical details. But such discussion is not allowed here according to the forum rules.

All I can say is to check for a clean rip, you will need to use IfoEdit, PgcEdit, and DvdReMake Pro and look at the contents. If PgcEdit and DvdReMake Pro pop up with some message or show some red (DRMP) or orange (PgcEdit) highlighted entries, then this indicates the rip is not clean, i.e. according to DVD specs. e.g. Import Surrogates ripped by DVDFab into these 2 dvd editors and you'll know what it says.

Another check is to look for unnecessary blank cells, most probably in the beginning and end of movie and in the menu vob.

Note that a unclean rip does not mean that the DVD is unplayable. Most users will not know the difference and care for it. Only those looking for perfection will notice it.

Passkey is only meant to decrypt and so far I'm impressed with it other than a certain title that it does not properly handle. It's the job of a ripper software that decides what to rip and to clean up the mess.

Comment

Working...
                      X