This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey 7.0.0.5 problem with Inglorious Basterds

I tried a few third party products with Passkey 7.0.0.5 for Inglorious Basterds and there are a few problems with it.

1. With Dvd Decrypter, when it's time to copy any BUP file, it pops up an error like the following:
    Code:
    On-the-fly IFO/BUP file patching failed!
    Filename: VTS_01_0.BUP

Reason: Invalid IFO/BUP file
    2. With DVD Shrink, the full disc dvd-9 copy is successful.

3. When opening the files ripped by Dvd Decrypter in DvdReMake Pro, it cannot read the VTS3. The same thing happens when opening DVD Shrink ripped files. I always use DvdReMake Pro and/or PgcEdit to double-check if DvdFab or any ripper product to see if a DVD is properly created according to DVD specs. The error that DRMP reports is:
    Code:
    Importing DVD...
    Read DVD from: L:\INGLOURIOUS_BASTERDS\DVDSHRINK\VIDEO_TS
    Read VMG
    Read VTS1
    Read VTS2
    Read VTS3
    Recovering C_ADT & VOBU_ADMAP tables. (818:VobData.cpp)
    can't find segment (1007:VobData.cpp)
    Can't open title set vob - will substitute blanks. (881:VTS.cpp)
    Cell #1 uses vobus (vobID=1, cellID=2) not pressent in vob file. Substituting blank cell instead. (2117:PGC.cpp)
    Cell #2 uses vobus (vobID=1, cellID=4) not pressent in vob file. Substituting blank cell instead. (2117:PGC.cpp)
    Cell #3 uses vobus (vobID=1, cellID=6) not pressent in vob file. Substituting blank cell instead. (2117:PGC.cpp)
    Cell #4 uses vobus (vobID=2, cellID=1) not pressent in vob file. Substituting blank cell instead. (2117:PGC.cpp)
    Cell #5 uses vobus (vobID=3, cellID=1) not pressent in vob file. Substituting blank cell instead. (2117:PGC.cpp)
    Read VTS4
    Read VTS5
    Read VTS6
    Read VTS7
    Read VTS8
    Read VTS9
    4. When opening the files ripped by Dvd Decrypter in PgcEdit, it pops up a message:
    Code:
    There are some VOB files in your DVD folder that are not referenced by the current IFOs:
    VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_03_0.VOB
    VTS_04_0.VOB
    VTS_05_0.VOB
    VTS_06_0.VOB
    VTS_07_0.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB
    VTS_08_0.VOB
    VTS_09_0.VOB

You should remove them now. (Recommended)
    From Dvd Shrink ripped files, PgcEdit reports:
    Code:
    There are some VOB files in your DVD folder that are not referenced by the current IFOs:
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB

You should remove them now. (Recommended)
    5. With Passkey enabled, I cannot open any DVD in the DVD drive with DvdReMake Pro. It freezes in the middle of reading process. For PgcEdit, it opens fine for this title but obviously it cannot save the DVD directly to a DVD media itself. So Passkey is meant only to work with a ripper software and a software player only, not with DVD editors.

So, there are some bugs to iron out. btw, just see a 7.0.0.6 release, but the only thing that's new is the balloon tooltip.

Forgot to mention that DVDFab 7.0.1.2 has no problem ripping and that both DVD editors report no serious errors.
    Last edited by toaddub; 03-12-2010, 07:09 AM.

It appears that Passkey doesn't work well with Dvd Decrypter with any of the new titles (e.g. Old Dogs, Law Abiding Citizen, etc. ) I throw at it - the same ol' failed patching ifo/bup file. DvdShrink doesn't work well with Passkey either, and with some titles it fails to open.

With all these failed rips on new titles with nasty protections, I find out that if I combine Passkey with RipIt4Me 1-click mode, full disc, it works flawlessly. In fact, it makes a "cleaner" rip - a lot less error/warning messages thrown by PgcEdit and DvdReMake Pro.

Don't worry if RipIt4Me reports that the initial rip size is over dvd9, it will clean up everything nicely during the cleaning phase.

Comment

Working...
    X