Another problem - no disc drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another problem - no disc drive

Lately my DVDs started freezing at random times, be it after 6, 10 or 20 minutes. That's where the PC claims he doesn't recognize the disc drive. The problem is then somehow resolved as the PC recognizes the drive only to repeat the same process.

Been using the 9.4.1.7, 9.4.2.2 and the 9.4.2.3 versions and experienced the same result in each.

Any ideas?

Does the drive also disappear from Windows entirely? If yes - does this happen only when Passkey is active?

Comment

The drive disappears completely only on occasion. At the moment it seems like closing Passkey causing the drive to be active again.

Comment

When the drive has disappeared can you go into device manager and see the drive listed? If yes - click on it and see what message comes up?

Comment

My mistake - it seems like closing Passkey has nothing to do with the drive's disappearance.

I can see the drive through device manager. No message comes up aside from the usual "update/disable/uninstall/etc".

Comment

When you view the drive in device manager, does it indicate "This device is working properly"? If not, what does it say in the "Device Status" box?
            Last edited by Rich86; 11-22-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

When the drive isn't working, all I get from "properties" is the general tab and nothing further.

The drive is once again recognized by the PC, and the device manager states it works properly.
              Last edited by Gordiac; 11-22-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Are you looking in "Device Manager" . . or "File Explorer". Be sure to look in "Device Manager".

Comment

I am certainly looking in device manager.

Comment

When you are in device manager, the attached image should be similar to what you see . . Click image for larger version

Name:	OpticalDiskDriveDeviceMgr.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	402841

Comment

It is.

Comment

Well, the next time the drive is not recognized by the computer, I suggest you go directly into device manager to see what is stated in the box instead of "This device is working properly". I'm hoping a message and error code might be there to provide a clue as to what is going on.

Comment

It's happening at this moment. The computer got stuck for several minutes as I've asked for "properties" and then got released, saying the device is working properly when I tried that again.

Comment

Working...
                          X