This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey and Daylight Savings

As soon as I adjusted my clock for daylight savings, the next time I tried to open passkey 7.0.0.6, it tells me that "the application is too old" and I have to download a new version from dvdfab. So I uninstalled and downloaded it again. But it gives me the same message everytime. How to I get passkey back on my computer? Thank you guys! I tried to attach the error message to this post, I hope it went through.
    p.s. as a paying member of dvdfab, I beg you fengato, please don't stop or slow down development of dvdfab in favor of passkey, it cost me $100 for dvdfab. Thank you for your time and a great product!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bclarky12; 03-15-2010, 01:47 AM.

Un install Passkey using the Passkey uninstaller then use CCleaner to clean the registry of left over files. CCleaner is free to download and use. Once Passkey is removed reinstall it to see if it will work again.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Un install Passkey using the Passkey uninstaller then use CCleaner to clean the registry of left over files. CCleaner is free to download and use. Once Passkey is removed reinstall it to see if it will work again.
      And never adjust the time on your PC again.

Comment

Originally posted by bclarky12 View Post
        As soon as I adjusted my clock for daylight savings, the next time I tried to open passkey 7.0.0.6, it tells me that "the application is too old" and I have to download a new version from dvdfab. So I uninstalled and downloaded it again. But it gives me the same message everytime. How to I get passkey back on my computer? Thank you guys! I tried to attach the error message to this post, I hope it went through.
        p.s. as a paying member of dvdfab, I beg you fengato, please don't stop or slow down development of dvdfab in favor of passkey, it cost me $100 for dvdfab. Thank you for your time and a great product!

When you adjusted for DST, did you accidently change the Month or the Year??

My system auto-adjusted the time for DST, and Passkey still works fine...

DC

Comment

thanks everyone!

Thanks you guys, I'll definitely try it. I don't think I changed the month or the year, i change it every 6 months. Sorry, but last question, I promise, How do you program the computer to automatically adjust for daylight savings time, I don't see anything when you open up the clock? Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it!

Comment

In the window that you used to change the time click on the time zone.

At the bottom see if the box for auto time change is checked

Comment

Thank you all

The automatic time change was a lot easier than I was expecting, I found it, thank you all very much!

Comment

Hi bclarky12,

Please let Windows to adjust time for you automatically, and it will not affect our products.

You can wait for next version of DVDFab Passkey, and you can use it for another 60 days.

Best Regards,
                Fengtao
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                X