Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab Passkey seems to conflict with the latest version of MakeMKV (1.16.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Passkey seems to conflict with the latest version of MakeMKV (1.16.5)

I have 3 Blu ray drives on my computer and I tend to use them all. After a recent update to MakeMKV, I started having issues with passkey not recognizing a disc, or taking a VERY long time to decrypt the disc only to report that it failed after more than 300 seconds of waiting. I've posted to the MakeMKV forums as well in hopes that one (or both) parties can address the issue as I really would prefer to keep both programs.

Everything was fine before I updated to the latest version of MakeMKV so I know the programs can normally work fine together. Please note that I'm not running both programs simultaneously, but MakeMKV does have a service that runs in the background. It wasn't a problem until recently though. It actually doesn't show up until after a reboot so initially I had trouble figuring out what would cause this problem. It seemed to happen to DVDs more than Blu rays, but I've had some blu rays that just never finished "blupath", and as far as I know these aren't new discs (as it's from an anime released in 2014). The DVD issues would seem to crop up weirdly so that it's hard to explain if there's a pattern.

Like I'd have the DVD for one TV series in the first drive, a different one in the 2nd and a different one in the 3rd drive and it seemed like the disc put in last was the one to have an issue. The disc would seem to be decrypted fine but when I would go to play it, it would give a blank screen with nothing to show it's even trying to play it. The Media player would report that it was playing something, but there was no audio and the video was black. Also the drive wouldn't show any activity either.

After uninstalling and reinstalling (which would seem to fix the issue until next reboot) eventually it would corrupt the drivers to the point I started having more serious issues with the OS. I eventually got to the point where I had to reinstall windows just to get everything stable again. So thinking it was a fluke I'd install both programs again and for a short while everything seemed fine, but after a reboot it would show up again.

Most recently I've had DVDFab Crash on me (apparently since a windows error report file was made), though no error was given so I had no idea why the program wasn't running. There's also a crashdump.dmp file in a DVDFab folder but it's got 0 bytes and no text.
    Attached Files
Working...
X