This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Passkey With DVD Shrink

Recently, with regards to using the two topic programs together, a suggestion was made to use Shrink's 'Deep Scan' mode to assist.

I would really appreciate knowing how to do this.

If one uses Passkey to open a DVD, and then runs Shrink, if Shrink can't open the DVD, and generates an 'invalid navigation structure' error, clearing the error leaves the 'Deep Scan' option greyed out...

If one first opens the DVD with Shrink, then fires up Passkey, Shrink's efforts are cleared, Passkey opens the DVD, then one has to re-open the DVD with Shrink, and if another error is generated, when cleared, 'Deep Scan' is still greyed out.

Using 'Deep Scan' with Shrink opening the DVD gets wiped out as soon as Passkey opens the DVD.

There may be others, too, interested in the answer to this.

DC

Just turn Pathplayer off, and backup your disc with Shrink and Passkey.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Great!... except what does one do for the DVDs that require pathplayer enabled?

DC

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
        You can't turn off the pathplayer if the DVD has Structural protection. The pathplayer removes the protection. MAybe is compatibility problem with dvd shrink

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
          You can't turn off the pathplayer if the DVD has Structural protection. The pathplayer removes the protection. MAybe is compatibility problem with dvd shrink

It quite probably is a compatibility problem... but then Passkey wasn't written to work with any particular software item (or if it was, no one has yet mentioned it...).

But this particular suggestion was made by the author himself, and as I respect his thoughts in these matters, I am willing to go along with that suggestion (especially with DVDs that require PP enabled) if I could just figure out HOW to do this thing...

DC

Comment

Passkey was made to be used with third party copy programs. It is not recommended to use Passkey and DVDfab at same time.

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
              Passkey was made to be used with third party copy programs. It is not recommended to use Passkey and DVDfab at same time.

Agreed... that's why this thread is titled (and about) Passkey and DVD Shrink... and whether they can be made to work together...

DC

Comment

No problems so far with Passkey and DVD Shrink. Please check my other posting.

Comment

Working...
                X