• Show
Clear All

How to back up Princess and the frog

Originally posted by bucknut937 View Post
    i cant back up "the princess and the frog" im using 7.0.2.1 fully paid

all it does it read the disc that is it
    anyone else having this problem
    With thanks to budzos for suggesting Ripit:
    I was able to do the full disk using Passkey, Ripit, DVD Decryptor and, if you want to compress it or take out unneeded audio, DVD Shrink.
    Using the latest Passkey make sure the disk is fully open. When the DVD "working light" stops right click the Passkey toolbar icon and it will advise if the disk is opened. Use "Riptit" to starting ripping the disk and it will automatically start DVD Decryptor. Make sure you have at least 20gb free on your hard drive because initially DVD Decryptor will think the DVD is over 18gb (part of the protection). It's the correct size when completed.
    You will see error messages when Decryptor is working -- just click continue (I think it was) or ok or whatever (and there are a bunch of them). Ripit will then resume to take out unneed cells, etc. and then will launch DVD Shrink. I saved it as an ISO and burned with Imageburn -- tested in a standalone DVD player and it worked fine.
    The Passkey threads in this forum list other programs that Passkey works with if you don't have any of these oldie but goodies that I used.

moved post to passkey sub-forum as it did not belong in a DVD to DVD sub-forum thread

Comment

Wrong Placement

I'm not trying to rile things up but my post concerned using Passkey and other software tools to backup up The Princess and the Frog, not New Moon.
      If I'm out of place -- let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Miami View Post
        I'm not trying to rile things up but my post concerned using Passkey and other software tools to backup up The Princess and the Frog, not New Moon.
        If I'm out of place -- let me know!
        Thread title fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X