This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Support

Since I started copying my DVD collection back in 2004 I have always preferred making, and then writing, an ISO file using the now defunct DVDDecrypter. On some of the more difficult discs I used the also now defunct RipIt4Me along with Decrypter to make the ISO. These methods very seldom failed.

Fast forward to about 2007 when Disney and a few other studios started using the new structural protection (and RipIt4Me was shut down). I was not able to back up some DVD, (and Blu-ray) discs using the ISO method.

What I am wondering is if anyone here has been successfully using Passkey along with either Decrypter or a combination of Decrypter and RipIt4Me to make and burn ISO files from DVD and Blu-ray discs? If so please let me know how you did it.

I am not looking to do the simple protections that can be done the "old" way, just the difficult protections. I would still want to get rid of all PUO's, BD+ and region encoding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Passkey and ripit4me have worked on every movie I have tested.

You will need to do some testing of your own to see what works best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Passkey and ripit4me have worked on every movie I have tested.

You will need to do some testing of your own to see what works best for you.
      Thanks Gruñón, although I thought that RipIt4Me had to be used through Decrypter. If that's not the case please tell me how you used it with Passkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Movie Watcher View Post
        Thanks Gruñón, although I thought that RipIt4Me had to be used through Decrypter. If that's not the case please tell me how you used it with Passkey.
        Passkey is an on the fly decryptor that runs in the background and makes the computer and ripping software think the DVD is not copy protected. While passkey is running you use ripit4me like you would normally do. ripit4me is old and outdated and needs help with DVDs and this is where passkey comes into play

Comment

Working...
        X