Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be forewarned: Junior Member is about to ask Dumb Questions…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be forewarned: Junior Member is about to ask Dumb Questions…

I installed the Passkey (Beta) and now have this real cool looking icon sitting on the toolbar in the lower right hand corner of my monitor. When I place a DVD movie in the drive…the icon shows that the movie Couples Retreat is opening…and…opening…and opening…and opening…and…nothing else happens.

It just keeps saying Couples Retreat is opening…and underneath that there’s an option to Cancel E: Drive. That’s it. When I right-click on the icon, I can Exit…or perform some other things that basically get me back to the DVDFab forum…but it really does nothing with the movie.

So here are my questions:

What is supposed to happen with Passkey? What is its purpose? Is it supposed to open up and allow me to decrypt? If I already have the paying version of DVDFab do I really need the Passkey?? Why would I need both? Am I supposed to only ask one question ata time.....and most IMPORTANTLY...Are there any directions that come with this Beta???

Thanks…LB

This is what passkey does below

DVDFab Passkey is a Windows-based driver that works on-the-fly to unprotect encrypted movie DVDs and Blu-ray discs. For DVD, it removes all DVD copy protections, like CSS, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, CORE X2, etc. For Blu-ray, it removes all known AACS and BD+ copy protections, Region Code, BD-Live and UOPs. It allows you to watch any region DVD on your region specific DVD drive and player software. It allows you to watch Blu-ray disc without HDCP-compliant graphics card and without HDCP-compliant display. It also allows you to use any software to access unencrypted DVD and Blu-ray disc content.
    And have no user guide for passkey as it is free until it is released for purchase also you need to wait until passkey opens the DVD before you cwan use it's features. You probably have a bad pressed DVD or a dirty scratched DVD which would be why passkey and DVDFab doews not open it.
    Last edited by AGJ; 04-09-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem, and have tried numerous DVDs and always get the same dialogue box saying, blah blah is opening, but it doesn't do anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryk911 View Post
        I have the same problem, and have tried numerous DVDs and always get the same dialogue box saying, blah blah is opening, but it doesn't do anything else.
        it's "beta" & can have probs. new version out, try that.
        HP Pavilion Elite e9240f
        Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
        Phenom II x4-945 3 gHz Denab
        Chipset: AMD 785G
        Motherboard: Foxconn H-RS880-uATX
        ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB
        HP 2509m HDMI monitor
        C: Western Digital WD10EADS-65LB1HP 1 TB
        8 GB DDR3 RAM
        E: ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD+RW
        F: LG UH08LS10 BD-ROM
        Logitech G51 5.1 Surround Sound speakers
        Realtek HD Audio/ATI HD Audio
        Logitech Wave keyboard/mouse

Comment

What discs are you having problems opening. Maybe I can help you, I tested this with over 25 programs, it works great.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Stryk911 View Post
            So you have a bad original DVD like the thread starter had???? As they figured that out in another thread on the forum here. So check you DVD for scratches fingerprints and cracks

Comment

I have run passkey with no problems what so ever works great note it takes awhile for passkey to open the Movies it works like pathplayer does to open them and on some of the movies it can take three minutes or longer depending upon the protection scheme.

Comment

You have the Pathplayer enabled, disable it and re-try, if not then enable it

Comment

no what agj you are absolitely right i have a dvd fixer for movies just like that just smallest scatch may not allow you 2 burn but doesent work on all depends how bad they are speedy

Comment

Working...
                  X