This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerDVD_8

I'm using PowerDVD_8 that came with my LG UH10LS20 Blu-ray Disc Combo Internal SATA 10x SuperMulti. It works very well with VC1 formats, or at least the 1st 7 I've tried. But with MPEG-4 Blu-Rays, not so much... Only 1 out 4 have worked, and the 3 of 4 that don't give me the blue-screen-of-death. As soon at the PassKey says opened successfully, the monitor goes blank, and then death screen. This is a month old new build PC (see specs below) using newest Intel chipsets and Blu-Ray drive.

What is it about the MPEG-4 Blu-ray decoding that's different than VC1? Magically the MPEG-4 Blu-ray's The_Fifth_Element and Indiana_Jones_4: Valley_of_the_Crystal_Skull now show flawlessly, no explanation why, just started working, yet Independence_Day, and Narnia:LW&TW (both older than IJ4) still show grey vertical lines separating the picture resolution out beyond the sides of the monitor? Expecting 'Death Screen' with every start though...

Is there any way to resolve this without continually throwing $$$ at it? I just want PowerDVD_8 to play any Blu-Ray I get. Any ideas?

Best thanks for DVDFab Passkey and DVDFab_7! Very cool products.
    -Windows 7 (64-bit)
    -GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    -Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor
    -LG UH10LS20 Blu-ray Disc Combo Internal SATA 10x SuperMulti Blue LightScribe
    -OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P16004GK
    -OnBoard HDMI Video with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Can you post latest minidumps available in windows\minidump folder, so we could tell you what is causing these BSODs.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Issue about DVDFab Passkey?
      resigned

Comment

this is not an issue dvdfabvirtual drive.

I have no issue with blu ray and powerdvd 8... 30+ titles no issues

Comment

According to res70rgm it a problem with passkey using PowerDVD 8. Check out the bold in the quote below

Originally posted by res70rgm View Post
          I'm using PowerDVD_8 that came with my LG UH10LS20 Blu-ray Disc Combo Internal SATA 10x SuperMulti. It works very well with VC1 formats, or at least the 1st 7 I've tried. But with MPEG-4 Blu-Rays, not so much... Only 1 out 4 have worked, and the 3 of 4 that don't give me the blue-screen-of-death. As soon at the PassKey says opened successfully, the monitor goes blank, and then death screen. This is a month old new build PC (see specs below) using newest Intel chipsets and Blu-Ray drive.

What is it about the MPEG-4 Blu-ray decoding that's different than VC1? Magically the MPEG-4 Blu-ray's The_Fifth_Element and Indiana_Jones_4: Valley_of_the_Crystal_Skull now show flawlessly, no explanation why, just started working, yet Independence_Day, and Narnia:LW&TW (both older than IJ4) still show grey vertical lines separating the picture resolution out beyond the sides of the monitor? Expecting 'Death Screen' with every start though...

Is there any way to resolve this without continually throwing $$$ at it? I just want PowerDVD_8 to play any Blu-Ray I get. Any ideas?

Best thanks for DVDFab Passkey and DVDFab_7! Very cool products.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            According to res70rgm it a problem with passkey using PowerDVD 8. Check out the bold in the quote below
            Sorry, his post was originally a hijack in the virtual drive forum and so the new thread was created there by default.

Thread moved to Passkey forum.

Comment

Working...
            X