X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Will it Conflict with AnyDVD HD?

Hi,

Being a believer in never having too many tools, I own AnyDVD HD as well as DVDFab's Blu-ray to Blu-ray and Blu-ray to Mobile.

Using DVDFab is easy because all I have to do is right click and exit AnyDVD HD before opening DVDFab.

However, I'm wondering that if I install DVDFab Passkey might it conflict with AnyDVD HD since both apparently run all the time in the background.

Any thoughts? Anyone tried it? I'd appreciate any information.

Many thanks,

Jim

Either one or both can be disabled so no need to have both running.

I do not have anydvd so can not test for conflicts.

Why not run a test and post back with the results.
    g

Comment

I have them both installed and have in the settings for both set so they DO NOT start when computer starts. This way when I want to use either I can start it when I need it and until needed theya re off and not interfere with the other DVD copy programs I have and use all the time. Just to let you know it not good to run 2 decryptors at same time especially ones like Passkey and the other you mentioned

Comment

I just checked it.
        Started AnyDVD HD, then started latest Passkey, mounted my Bankjob BD ISO with DT Pro.
        Passkey opened it and for AnyDVD the BD looks like it is not protected at all.
        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Is there any reasone to run both apps? I thought that Passkey would do everything that AnyDVD would do.

G

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
            Is there any reasone to run both apps? I thought that Passkey would do everything that AnyDVD would do.

G
            No reason to run both and is not suggested to run both because if have a problem how would you be able to figure out which program is causing the error and how. Wait I know what would be causing the error and that is running 2 decryptors at same time

Comment

This statement-------
              ------------------------------------------------
              "However, I'm wondering that if I install DVDFab Passkey might it conflict with AnyDVD HD since both apparently run all the time in the background."
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              Makes me think the OP does not want to run both at the same time but was unaware he could disable either one or both.
              Thinking because they both can be left running that he had no choice in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                This statement-------
                ------------------------------------------------
                "However, I'm wondering that if I install DVDFab Passkey might it conflict with AnyDVD HD since both apparently run all the time in the background."
                -------------------------------------------------------------
                Makes me think the OP does not want to run both at the same time but was unaware he could disable either one or both.
                Thinking because they both can be left running that he had no choice in the matter.
                Just go into settings-General of Passkey and untick Run DVDFab Passkey at Windows startup

For AnyDVD HD right click the fox in the notification bar and under Program Settings untick Autostart

Now they will not start when the computer starts but if you want to use either program you can start them by clicking your desktop icon. I have them both installed as well and use them the way I just mentioned and do not have any issues so far

Comment

We don't recommend use both when Passkey is in "Advanced I/O Mode", and may have unpredictable problems.
                  resigned

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    I have them both installed and have in the settings for both set so they DO NOT start when computer starts. This way when I want to use either I can start it when I need it and until needed theya re off and not interfere with the other DVD copy programs I have and use all the time. Just to let you know it not good to run 2 decryptors at same time especially ones like Passkey and the other you mentioned
                    Thanks for the excellent suggestion AGJ. I'm thinking that I'll take your advise.

I appreciate everyone's input!

Comment

both decryptors at the same time

Well, I've been wandering about the same thing, and have both decrypters installed but on separate machines.

From what Blazkowicz reported, seems like Passkey somehow takes precedence in opening the disc.
                      Could someone with both decryptors installed be kind enough to post the contents of the value:

LowerFilters

in this registry key:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Thanks in advance.

PS: The benefit of having both decryptors may be in case one works for a specific title while the other does not - somewhat improves odds to bypass the protection, if the decrypters are not in a "perfect sync" in that matter (which is a probable case).

Comment

Is this what you wanted?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Lower filter value data.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	303099
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                          I do the same on my rig.
                          I need all the help I can get from unintended consequences due to memory lapses...
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                            Is this what you wanted?
                            Yup, that's it. Have the same values after installing both decryptors on the same machine.
                            Of course, without letting them to auto-start with windows (but it's unrelated to the contents of LowerFilters registry value).

Thanks for the supplied information.
                            It gave me a greater confidence that everything is OK with my config.

Regards.

Comment

So do you make it so the another program take priority?

Comment

Working...
                              X