This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Platinum and Passkey

Do I understand this correctly that if I have DVDfab Platinum I don't need Passkey? I just upgraded from Xp to Windows 7 and had been using DVD Region+CSS Free with it. (I started using DVD Region+CSS Free first and never uninstalled it when I bought DVDFab Platinum) I also upgraded upgraded? to DVDFab 7. DVD Region+CSS Free does not work in Windows 7 so I looked for a replacement thinking I needed one. I now wonder if I need Passkey or not. So the question is if I have DVDfab Platinum or DVDfab 7 do I need Passkey?

If you intent to work with your video using DVDFab only - you do not need Passkey or any other similar programs.
    However, if you want work with your videos using third-party programs (i.e. ImgBurn, Nero, DVDShrink, etc.) then you do need Passkey, because Passkey will remove protection on-a-fly, make your video accessible for these programs.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Posts moved to new thread.

Comment

You also would need Passkey if you have original DVDs from other regions that you like to watch as well. Also if you computer monitor is not HDCP compliant you need passkey so you can watch Blurays on it

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          YAlso if you computer monitor is not HDCP compliant you need passkey so you can watch Blurays on it
          AGJ, I did not know that...
          Would you please give some more info on this.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Below is a quote from the release notes of Passkey

Dear all,

DVDFab Passkey is a Windows-based driver that works on-the-fly to unprotect encrypted movie DVDs and Blu-ray discs. For DVD, it removes all DVD copy protections, like CSS, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, CORE X2, etc. For Blu-ray, it removes all known AACS and BD+ copy protections, Region Code, BD-Live and UOPs. It allows you to watch any region DVD on your region specific DVD drive and player software. It allows you to watch Blu-ray disc without HDCP-compliant graphics card and without HDCP-compliant display. It also allows you to use any software to access unencrypted DVD and Blu-ray disc content.

Comment

Working...
            X