Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused, what all does PK do and not do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its say on the fly remover but still own new DVDs that when put into my computer all the DVD drive does is click n pop as what every they are using is blocking the reading of the DVD.

like the new cheech n chong, hey watch this..........

It will not work in my computer.

Originally posted by gator295 View Post

Its say on the fly remover but still own new DVDs that when put into my computer all the DVD drive does is click n pop as what every they are using is blocking the reading of the DVD.

What software are you using for playback?

And we'll need some details of your system to troubleshoot this properly... such as laptop or desktop... what drives are you using... do you already have any other video software on your system... what do you have running in the background... etc. etc.

DC

Comment

Please make sure that Passkey did open the disc first. It would pop-up in a right bottom corner with message "Disc opened successfully". Only then open your disc with another software - player or whatever. And do not run both DVDFab and Passkey at the same time.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
        What software are you using for playback?

And we'll need some details of your system to troubleshoot this properly... such as laptop or desktop... what drives are you using... do you already have any other video software on your system... what do you have running in the background... etc. etc.

DC

I got powerDVD, VLC, and a bunch more but it doens't even get that far, it won't even display in mycomputer. The DVD drive just clicks n pops trying to read it. Will work in regular home DVD player.

But other DVDs play just fine on the PC.

desktop

windows 2000 pro build 2195

lite-on DVDRW SHW-160P65

MS drivers 5.0.2183.1
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Please make sure that Passkey did open the disc first. It would pop-up in a right bottom corner with message "Disc opened successfully".
          Never even gets that far, what ever is used on the disc, is blocking it from being read on the PC.

Comment

background programs

AVast anti virus

zonealarm

MS sidewinder game controller

Logitech game controller

Comment

The DVD drive just clicks n pops trying to read it. Will work in regular home DVD player.
              You having a bad disc. Probably dirty or scratched - clean it and try again.
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You having a bad disc. Probably dirty or scratched - clean it and try again.
                Sorry, nope, have run acorss this latley on some XXX movies too, like its some new protection that won't allow it to work in a computer.

But fine on a home DVD player.

Comment

Sorry, nope, have run acorss this latley on some XXX movies too, like its some new protection that won't allow it to work in a computer.

But fine on a home DVD player.

Please download either VSO Inspector OR Nero Disc Speed (both freebies) and run a scan on your problem disc.

If the scan finds any errors, then you probably won't be able to copy the disc at all.

Please let us know.

DC

Comment

obviously its a new copy protection you haven't come across yet as it can't be read at all or reconized by any program. I got that nero, even got blind write that will make copies of messed up disc and ignore errors [works great] but what ever the protection is, its able to block any reading of the disc in a computer only.

regular home DVD players, they work fine.

Comment

I would guess it some type of lead in bug no?

Need a way to make the DVD in a computer skip past that and go right to the middle or something and ignore that part.

All it will do is just click n pop as it tries to read it, like it stuck in a loop.

you can rent the new cheech n chong movie. went right to dvd but is only $15 new.

Comment

obviously its a new copy protection you haven't come across yet as it can't be read at all or reconized by any program. I got that nero, even got blind write that will make copies of messed up disc and ignore errors [works great] but what ever the protection is, its able to block any reading of the disc in a computer only.

regular home DVD players, they work fine.
                        Yep gator295
                        it must be a new protection for old movie, just for you exclusively.... it have name too ... a scratch.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep gator295
                          it must be a new protection for old movie, just for you exclusively.... it have name too ... a scratch.
                          Its not, its a brand new DVD, in prestiene shape.

Dunno what your problem is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
                          go buy the DVD and find out what I mean if you can't grasph that its BRAND NEW. The movie came out 4/20/2010
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2010, 03:56 AM. Reason: Removed reference to use of illegal drugs.

Comment

Its not, its a brand new DVD, in prestiene shape.

Dunno what your problem is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
                            go buy the DVD and find out what I mean if you can't grasph that its BRAND NEW. The movie came out 4/20/2010
                            You have had two of the most knowledgeable people on the forum trying to help and you refuse to listen and your post show you do not have more than the bare basic knowledge of what you are doing.

If you are not going to listen to the answers then do not waste time asking the questions.

One more abusive post will result in further action.

Comment

I swapped in a DVD player only, and it works.
                              But will not work in the DVDRW. [I don’t have enough free spots for em both, would need a external USB case of sorts.]

It must know somehow and won’t allow the disc to be read in a DVDRW.

I have no other problems with DVDs movie in the DVDRW.
                              Cept a couple of XXX movie that do the same. Also in A1 shape and new.

Comment

Working...
                              X