This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB Passkey 7.0.2.2 BSOD

I have attempted twice now to play the dvd movie, The Spy Next Door, using Corel WinDVD 2010. Each time I have received a BSOD 0x00000050 in reference to dvdfab.sys.
    I have turned off DVDFab passkey and started playing the movie and there was no problems. I believe this error was caused by the latest version. Recommendations?

Please post latest minidump (c:\windows\minidump). This will help the developers to resolve the issue.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Minidump

Attached both minidumps from today. BSOD is rare for me now. I have cleaned up my system to the point that I rarely get them.
      Attached Files

Comment

@jbebout
        Thanks for the minidump, very useful. We will fix the bug tomorrow.

BTW: Does the BSOD occured if using other DVD players(for example: VLC, mplayer...)?
        resigned

Comment

I already returned the movie. I'll check on another one. I just tried the Book of Eli. Same problem with Corel WinDVd 2010. I tried Windows Media player and it just won't play. I have no problems when I deactivate the program.

Comment

Originally posted by jbebout View Post
            I already returned the movie. I'll check on another one. I just tried the Book of Eli. Same problem with Corel WinDVd 2010. I tried Windows Media player and it just won't play. I have no problems when I deactivate the program.
            Sounds like rental... Copying rental content is ILLEGAL and this forum condemns such practices. Please read this: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?p=515#post515
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

For all you know, return the movie could mean, I borrowed the move from a friend, copied it to my hard drive so I could watch it later and gave the movie back to my friend. That is besides the point anyways. Passkey is causing BSOD, that is the point of this post. If it makes you feel better, Book of Eli is my stepdads. I borrowed it from him to watch and gave it back. Seriously, instead of lecturing me, try actually being helpful. If this is the type of support I am going to get from you guys, your direct competition, who my stepdad uses and it works great for him and NEVER causes a BSOD, will get my money instead. They actually offer more features and cost less than the DVDFAB products and THEY DON'T CAUSE BSODs!
              Last edited by jbebout; 06-19-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

THEY DON'T CAUSE BSODs!
                That is actually wrong:

- Fix (Blu-ray): Possible BSOD in XYZ.sys
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  That is actually wrong:

- Fix (Blu-ray): Possible BSOD in XYZ.sys
                  He was referring to his Stepdad's computer not having a BSOD.
                  who my stepdad uses and it works great for him and NEVER causes a BSOD
                  I'm sure most people who use Passkey don't have this BSOD either.
                  Last edited by mike20021969; 06-19-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

For all you know, return the movie could mean, I borrowed the move from a friend, copied it to my hard drive so I could watch it later and gave the movie back to my friend. That is besides the point anyways.
                    No! This is right in a point!!! Borrow disc and make copy of it as illegal as make copy from rental. You are not own it!!! By admitting illegal activity you not only putting yourself in a legally awkward position, but putting this software, software developers, and all users into a legal burden. And I'm not lecturing you, I'm telling you. And if you insist on your statement above, you're more than welcome to go to competitors and conduct your illegal activity there... I'm not sure if they will like that either though.
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Once again, if you don't want to be helpful, then keep your opinions to yourself. So instead of trying to fix the problem, your team attacks the poster. Good customer service there.
                      The point of the problem is, I have tried replicating the issue over a variety of DVDs, TO INCLUDE ONES I OWN, and got the same BSOD each time. I gave the previously listed titles above as an example because those were the most recent movies I tried to watch. I did not even try to copy them. I just wanted to watch them but dvd Passkey kept BSOD. DVD Passkey has previously allowed me to watch blu-ray movies on my computer without having an HDCP compatible monitor. Now the program is not functional at all.
                      Seriously, if you guys do not want to help, say so publicly so that everyone here, to include future potential customers, know what kind of support they will get if they buy your products.
                      Unfortunately, this is not the first time your company has dropped the ball when it comes to technical support. A recent version of DVDFAB also caused serious issues with my machine and I had to uninstall it. I know better now and keep the 6 previous versions on my computer so when you guys introduce a new bug, I can at least go back to a previous functional version. I have been a software beta tester for over 10 years with a variety of large companies to include AOL, Intuit, ID Software, 3d Realms and many others. I should not have to keep so many previous versions to guarantee functionality. Especially since your company charges over $200 to get the full bundle with lifetime updates. The point of software development is to release a program for sale to the public that is at least functional. If your company is still having to tweak your programs to make them work, you should be giving them all away for free since we are all your beta testers. You should be paying me to test your stuff, not the other way around.
                      If you are not going to fix the problem, be up front and say so.
                      Last edited by jbebout; 06-20-2010, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
                        @jbebout
                        Thanks for the minidump, very useful. We will fix the bug tomorrow.

BTW: Does the BSOD occured if using other DVD players(for example: VLC, mplayer...)?
                        xubin already said it will be fixed so wait for next update

For all you know, return the movie could mean, I borrowed the move from a friend, copied it to my hard drive so I could watch it later and gave the movie back to my friend. That is besides the point anyways. Passkey is causing BSOD, that is the point of this post. If it makes you feel better, Book of Eli is my stepdads. I borrowed it from him to watch and gave it back. Seriously, instead of lecturing me, try actually being helpful. If this is the type of support I am going to get from you guys, your direct competition, who my stepdad uses and it works great for him and NEVER causes a BSOD, will get my money instead. They actually offer more features and cost less than the DVDFAB products and THEY DON'T CAUSE BSODs!
                        All the other moderator said was it sounds like rental and all you had to say was that it not as you lent it out or something but that not what you said as I quoted your post. What you said is not allowed accroding to this link Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums but anyway Passkey by itself can not copy DVDs and since this thread has got out of hand I am closing it down especially since the BSOD happens while watching the DVD with passkey running in background.

Once again, if you don't want to be helpful, then keep your opinions to yourself. So instead of trying to fix the problem, your team attacks the poster. Good customer service there.
                        The point of the problem is, I have tried replicating the issue over a variety of DVDs, TO INCLUDE ONES I OWN, and got the same BSOD each time. I gave the previously listed titles above as an example because those were the most recent movies I tried to watch. I did not even try to copy them. I just wanted to watch them but dvd Passkey kept BSOD. DVD Passkey has previously allowed me to watch blu-ray movies on my computer without having an HDCP compatible monitor. Now the program is not functional at all.
                        Seriously, if you guys do not want to help, say so publicly so that everyone here, to include future potential customers, know what kind of support they will get if they buy your products.
                        Unfortunately, this is not the first time your company has dropped the ball when it comes to technical support. A recent version of DVDFAB also caused serious issues with my machine and I had to uninstall it. I know better now and keep the 6 previous versions on my computer so when you guys introduce a new bug, I can at least go back to a previous functional version. I have been a software beta tester for over 10 years with a variety of large companies to include AOL, Intuit, ID Software, 3d Realms and many others. I should not have to keep so many previous versions to guarantee functionality. Especially since your company charges over $200 to get the full bundle with lifetime updates. The point of software development is to release a program for sale to the public that is at least functional. If your company is still having to tweak your programs to make them work, you should be giving them all away for free since we are all your beta testers. You should be paying me to test your stuff, not the other way around.
                        If you are not going to fix the problem, be up front and say so.

Comment

Working...
                        X