This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip DVD Shring - Go Directly to ImgBurn

I backup a lot of classic movie DVDs, especially SciFi titles.

I find that a surprising number of them - color titles, actually occupy 4,400,000 MB or less and so can easily fit on a standard DVD blank without shrinking.

There is a lot of confusion about how to use Passkey.

In this case, if Passkey is installed, simply skip DVD Shrink and start ImgBurn. Infortunately ImgBurn has no DVD-to-DVD feature, so simply create a .ISO file with ImgBurn. Passkey will perform the decryption and you will end up with a playable .ISO file.

Then again use ImgBurn to burn the new .ISO to a cheap, single-density DVD blank.

Just do what is said in this link below if just using ImgBurn to get DVD to DVD using ImgBurn and Passkey

Comment

Cool!

Thanks a lot.

Retorical question - Why is it so hard to understand?
      Last edited by felinis; 06-26-2010, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        Just do what is said in this link below if just using ImgBurn to get DVD to DVD using ImgBurn and Passkey

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...22&postcount=3
        OK, I knew that this was too good to be true. I am using ImgBurn version 2.4.4.0.

I just read the instructions in the link and I don't think that they accomplish what you suggest or what we want.

We want a single-pass DVD to DVD copy, yet step 3) in the linked instructions reads:

"under Mode click Write now the source is going to be the image file you just made"

This implies that what is being described is a two-step process, where you need to produce "the image file you just made" as the first step, just like I have been doing all along.

And when I try to follow the instructions without pre-building an image file, once I select Mode = "Write" and choose the destination with the blank disk, the "Source" changes from my initial source disk to "Unknown".

Comment

If you want a simple, easy, one-step process, the purchase DVD Fab DVD to DVD.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

like GregiBoy mentioned if you just want a one step solution then you can buy the DVDFab DVD to DVD module other wise it will be a 2 step process and sometimes a 3 step depending on what is being used

Comment

Actually even with DVDFab it is a 2-step processes. But if you use the built in VSO burn engine, both steps are accomplished without your involvement (other than replacing discs). Even though I have DVDFab, I use ImgBurn for my burning engine, so I have to kick of imgburn after DVDFab reads and decrypts the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne69 View Post
                Actually even with DVDFab it is a 2-step processes. But if you use the built in VSO burn engine, both steps are accomplished without your involvement (other than replacing discs). Even though I have DVDFab, I use ImgBurn for my burning engine, so I have to kick of imgburn after DVDFab reads and decrypts the DVD.
                Not really if you follow the video tutorial on setting up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab it is a one step process using the paid version if you have 2 DVD drives and only using SL blank media

Comment

It's still two steps. One step to the user (if you have 2 drives) but still two steps as DVDFab still has to write to the hard drive first and then to the disk. It can't write straight from DVD to DVD as what the OP was wanting to do.
                  Last edited by Mike89; 07-16-2010, 05:49 PM.
                  I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
                    One step to the user (if you have 2 drives) but still two steps as DVDFab still has to write to the hard drive first and then to the disk. It can't write straight from DVD to DVD as what the OP was wanting to do.
                    Exactly, I believe GregiBoy meant to type 1 click and of course, this would presume more than one ODD as well.

Not to beat a dead horse, but again just to clarify:
                    Originally posted by SweetOne69 View Post
                    Not quite...

Img, when integrated and selected as Fab's default burn engine, will burn to SL media without any further action from the user.
                    It is, indeed, still 1 click and seamless.
                    However, burning to DL media requires the user to select the layer break location.
                    The only time when Img does not require a layer break selection by the user is when an .MDS file is present. This would not be the case if the files were ripped with Fab anyway.
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                    X