X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can PassKey ripped DVD to AVI

Hi all.....

I like to know .....how to tell if Passkey is really working....

I tried ripping a DVD to avi (using a Free video converter....NOT DVDFAB** although, I am a registered user of DVDFAB**).....it stalled at 95% and refused to finished.

I assumed that passkey will be able to allow the FREE program to rip to AVI format from DVD.....or I am wrong to think that passkey functions are not for that purposed (ie:- Ripped DVD to AVI).

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by KanNeeNaBu; 08-09-2010, 06:26 AM.

Originally posted by KanNeeNaBu View Post
    Hi all.....

I like to know .....how to tell if Passkey is really working....

I tried ripping a DVD to avi (using a Free video converter....NOT DVDFAB** although, I am a registered user of DVDFAB**).....it stalled at 95% and refused to finished.

I assumed that passkey will be able to allow the FREE program to rip to AVI format from DVD.....or I am wrong to think that passkey functions are not for that purposed (ie:- Ripped DVD to AVI).

Thank you for your help.
    KanNeeNaBu,
    Passkey isn't a "ripper" but on-a-fly decryptor. It removes protection for other programs. I.e. if you try to copy your content using Nero or any freeware, it would come back either with error message or protection warning message. If you open your content with Passkey first however, door to your content will be open to any program, commercial or free.
    So, the answer on your first question is if you open your content with Passkey and any other program can access that content without any problem, means Passkey is working. There is one thinng to remember though, DO NOT run Passkey and DVDFab at the same time.
    Your situation however, suggests that your disc either scratched, dirty or have manufacturing defect. Easiest way to check on it is to download and install VSO Inspector and scan your disc.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

IPopov50....Thank you for your help.

The steps which I took was = I put a DVD into the drive....Passkey automatically scan and give a PASSING MARK.

After that, I will use the Free program to RIP the DVD to AVI and it stalled after about 95%. (this has been for several DVDs). Others appeared to have completed, but nothing on the folder!!! Apparently the ripping process was "fake". I assumed that the copy right protection in the DVDs prevented the process.

P/S:-
      1) Thank you for letting me know that Passkey and DVDFAB are NOT supposed to be run together.... what happen when they do?
      2) The DVD are without scratches and was ripped prefectly with DVDFAB.

Thank you

Comment

when both programs run at the same time you get a system hog (at least this is what i understand since they will try to compete with each other)
        as for the program you were using it sounds like it wasnt relying on dvdpasskey to do the decoding and instead was trying to do the decoding by itself
        to help you with getting it to use dvdpasskey i couldnt tell you since i really havent messed with any settings since i just use it along with dvd shrink (the moderator would have to tell you more)
        (C)ROBDOG 2010
        (C) SN and pic only

Comment

All I can say is it not a Passkey problem since you can start the freeware program and get to 95% using passkey. I would assume it the freeware that the problem but would not know since no info given on the freeware program you are using. If you have the dvd files on computer from DVDFab then use those with the freeware program to convert to avi. If you want more help than this then you need to provide more info

Comment

Please read my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread (Link in my signature below. This works 100% of the time.

If you are having problems adapting this procedure to other sofware, questions should be addressed to the other software's forum, not here.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X