This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Bsod

I've been using DVDFab for about 3yrs now so I'm not new to it.

If I use Passkey to "open" a disk it does fine. I can then use any other program (NOT DvdFab) with no problem.

If Passkey is not open, I can use DvdFab like normal.

If Passkey opens a disk and then I open DvdFab, DvdFab starts to scan the disk and the system BSODs every single time.
    - I tried with 7.0.2.x and it happen. I uninstalled it and no problems
    - I installed the current 7.0.3.6 a few days ago and it started happening again. Passkey opens the disk -> DvdFab starts up and starts to scan the disk then BSOD.

I can use one OR the other, but if both try to open the disk at the same time Blue Screen and crash within about 60 seconds.

If there is a dept or person at DvDFab that needs the system dumps I can email them. I've got 7 I can send that date from the last 3 weeks.

This is on Win 7 32bit and 2 Radeon 4xxx video cards with the latest drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas@BdD View Post
      I can use one OR the other, but if both try to open the disk at the same time Blue Screen and crash within about 60 seconds.
      Exactly!!! It says everywhere on this forum. Do not run them together!!!! They are not friends but competitors. You crash when running both programs at the same time is expected.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Also, your version of Fab is way out of date. Currently 7.0.9.3
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Also, your version of Fab is way out of date. Currently 7.0.9.3
          the 7.0.3.6 is the PassKey Version

Comment

then please update the software's ad page

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            Exactly!!! It says everywhere on this forum. Do not run them together!!!! They are not friends but competitors. You crash when running both programs at the same time is expected.
            Not everyone, and I would venture to say most people, do not cruise these forums. I have only used the forums to trouble shoot or post a problem. If the two are not compatable then it should be put on the advertising page for one, or both... http://www.dvdfab.com/en/passkey.htm

..and if you don't want to click the link to read the programs advertisement I've copied it here for you...

Features Highlight
            1.Removes all DVD copy protections, like CSS, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, CORE X2, etc.
            2.Removes all Blu-ray known AACS and BD+ copy protections, Region Code, BD-Live and UOPs.
            3.Allows you to watch any region DVD on your region specific DVD drive and player software.
            4.Allows you to watch Blu-ray disc without HDCP-compliant graphics card and without HDCP-compliant display.
            5.Allows you to use any software to access unencrypted DVD and Blu-ray disc content.

...so if that is the case it shouldn't be hidden in the forums it should be stated upfront on the software's page.

Comment

@thomas@BdD
              Please attach the bsod dump file in x:\windows\minidump\, we will fix this bug ASAP.
              resigned

Comment

dump

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this.
                Attached Files

Comment

the last time I got the BSOD before it shut down, the error at the top of the screen was "bad_pool_request" or something real close to that.

Comment

@thomas@BdD
                    Please uninstall dvd43, and try again, DVDFab Passkey in Advanced IO Mode will confict with dvd43.
                    resigned

Comment

it already has been uninstalled. If you look at the latest log or two you shouldn't see it. Even when it was installed, it shouldn't have been running.

Comment

I just went and doubled checked and dvd43 is not on my system. Its not in the Program Files folder and not in Programs and Features.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas@BdD View Post
                          I just went and doubled checked and dvd43 is not on my system. Its not in the Program Files folder and not in Programs and Features.
                          if you not have ImgBurn download it and install then go to tools-Filter Drive Load Order and see if DVD43 is listed still in the filters. If it is then you can use ImgBurn to remove the filter. Also you can Download and install CCleaner as it free and run the registry cleaner to clean out left over files that do not get deleted when you remove a program also CCleaner is free

Also xubin would not have said to uninstall DVD43 if the minidump did not show it was still installed which makes me think the filter is still installed as it a pain to remove

Comment

@thomas@BdD

Thank you for your info, you are right, the latest minidump doesn't have dvd43llh driver loaded, i will check this issue again.

Please help us to check whether the Normal Mode works, i cannot reproduce this issue.

Only use "Advanced Mode" when "Normal Mode" doesn't work, current only used when using 1Click DVD Copy, Intervideo DVD Copy, Pinnacle InstantCopy.
                            resigned

Comment

Working...
                            X