Slow Ripping Compared to competitor program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Ripping Compared to competitor program

I have been trying different products, and was previously using a trial version of a competitor for decoding with Handbrake for ripping. I'm trying DVDFab Passkey with Handbrake, and it is taking 4-5x as long to rip by comparison. Is there something I should be doing to get similar ripping speed?
    Last edited by AGJ; 08-27-2010, 03:39 AM.

Originally posted by CherylGrrl View Post
    I have been trying different products, and was previously using a trial version of a competitor for decoding with Handbrake for ripping. I'm trying DVDFab Passkey with Handbrake, and it is taking 4-5x as long to rip by comparison. Is there something I should be doing to get similar ripping speed?
    Post the log files that Passkey creates and someone will take a look. I have a feeling you may need to go into settings of Passkey and change the I/O Mode to Advanced but the logs might say something else

Comment

@CherylGrrl
      We optimize on-the-fly DVD decrypt speed, please wait for the next release, i will send PM when available.

Thank you for your feedback.
      resigned

Comment

Dvd Passkey to Handbrake

This is the combination (Passkey and Handbrake) I've used to convert over 400 movies in my library to H.264. Average time is 35 min. per DVD. Don't know how you can top that.
        Please don't break it.

Bluehawk

Comment

If you have another program that converts 100% correctly and very fast then why are you posting!

I have used many programs in the past but always come back to dvdfab because it is the most supported. The DVD stuff is 100% solid. The BR stuff is way ahead of anything else I have found - and that includes quality and performance. I have tried some BR conversions for iPAD and the resulting files are fantastic quality (destroys any DVD stuff).

Comment

Working...
          X