Where the heck is it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the heck is it???

I just downloaded the latest beta version of DVDFab Passkey and rebooted when instructed to do so. I see the icon in my tray, I see it in my Program menu (XP Pro), but when I click on the program icon, nothing happens. I've tried it with a DVD in the disc drive and without, to begin with, and nothing happens... what am I missing???

Passkey is running in the background. The icon is all you will see until it is processing a movie .

If you right click on the icon a window will pop up and you can change setting from there.

It is not a good idea to have dvdfab and passkey running at the same time as they have been known to conflict with each other.

Do not insert a dvd and click on the icon... wait for it to detect the dvd and start working.

Comment

still not sure

I appreciate your response. I did a Ctrl-Alt-Del and saw that, indeed, it is running. However, I put a DVD in but I'm not sure how to tell what's going on. There isn't any indication that anything is happening. I'm trying to make a back-up copy of a DVD movie.
      I'm also not sure what dvdfab vs. passkey is. I though dvdfab was the name of the company and passkey was a particular program they distribute.
      I read somewhere on their FAQ's that you could define what copy engine to use (in my case, Nero). How do I get Passkey and Nero to interface? And which program within Nero do I use to copy the DVD.
      Sorry about all the questions!
      Thanks again.

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Passkey is running in the background. The icon is all you will see until it is processing a movie .

If you right click on the icon a window will pop up and you can change setting from there.

It is not a good idea to have dvdfab and passkey running at the same time as they have been known to conflict with each other.

Do not insert a dvd and click on the icon... wait for it to detect the dvd and start working.

Comment

Use Nero Recode along with Passkey. Also here is a link below of known programs that work with Passkey

Comment

Working...
        X