Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.0.5.6b Won't Execute Properly...Something Screwy is Going On Here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.0.5.6b Won't Execute Properly...Something Screwy is Going On Here!

The last beta version I was using that worked fine was 7.0.5.2, but this one and 7.0.5.5 won't execute properly...xxx

***Whoa, OK that was weird. Just as I was typing what my problem was I just got the BSOD, a core dump, then my computer rebooted, which has never happened before. Now Passkey has come up in the system tray...Something screwy is going on here!***

Anyway, as I was saying, I had Passkey set to NOT come up after Windows startup and when I try to execute it using the shortcut, nothing happens. I open up the task manager and it shows that Passkey is running under the Processes tab, but there's nothing in the system tray and the disc is not decrypting. I tried ending the process, but nothing happens. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but didn't work. When I did uninstall, the uninstaller said that not all components were removed and to remove them manually. I'm assuming it's talking about the install folder and registry entries, so I removed those too (only found 1 entry in the registry).

***Before I got the BSOD, I had reinstalled Passkey then rebooted and again it didn't execute from the desktop shortcut, but showed up in the Processes. I tried ending the process and the process tree several times, but nothing happened...at least not right away. (BSOD) After my computer rebooted and I started Windows normally, Passkey now showed up in the system tray and decrypted the disc. So I guess it's working properly now, but wasn't before the BSOD. I didn't see the error code before rebooting from the BSOD. I'm running Windows 7 x64.***

Like I said, I didn't have a problem until after trying Passkey 7.0.5.2. Now that Passkey is running (apparently) I don't have a problem anymore, but it's still weird. Just wanted to report this and if anyone has anything to suggest, recommend, add to this...PLEASE DO!

Please post minidump (c:\windows\minidump).
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Here you go.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, OK it appears I'm still having the same problem. Passkey won't load up on Windows login (changed it to do that), but it is showing in the Processes in Task Manager. My system BSOD'd again, rebooted, Passkey still isn't showing up in the System Tray but shows in the Processes. Attached is the dump file that BSOD event. The last stable version that was working for me was 7.0.5.2. I hope someone can figure out what the problem is and get this fixed soon?!
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, I Figured It Out On My Own

After looking and running down anything on my system that is new (hardware/software) and doing some research, I figured out what was causing the incompatibility...IT WAS MY ANTIVIRUS SECURITY SOFTWARE! Like others who have had various problems getting DVDFab to download, install or work properly; sometimes it comes down to the type of system security you have. Sometimes it will tell you if there is a problem, most of the time it doesn't!

Up until last night I was using a trial version of BitDefender Internet Security to test out. Really it was the only new thing I installed that could possibly interfere with Passkey and that was different than anything else I had previously installed on my system. For some reason, it wasn't allowing Passkey to execute properly. No errors or warnings from either program...just the BSOD whenever I tried to end the process of Passkey from the Task Manager. I don't know if perhaps changing some of the settings in Bitdefender would have fixed the issue, but I did change a few of the default settings to where I wanted them, so if I had to change them back to default just to get Passkey working...I wouldn't have liked that anyway. So I reverted back to using my previous Antivirus software, i.e. McAfee. Now Passkey is working properly, executing every time!

P.S.- Thanks for no help from anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectic View Post

P.S.- Thanks for no help from anyone!
            Your welcome and usually Anti-virus program is one of the first things to check especially if it was a newly installed one just shocked you did not do that. Passkey is still new for everyone so we all are still learning how to use it and what causes problems.

Just think of this as a learning experience

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              Your welcome and usually Anti-virus program is one of the first things to check especially if it was a newly installed one just shocked you did not do that. Passkey is still new for everyone so we all are still learning how to use it and what causes problems.

Just think of this as a learning experience

Well, I had BitDefender installed for about 25 days with Passkey 7.0.5.2 installed for some of that time and I had no problems until I upgraded to 7.0.5.5, so I assumed it was something with the newer version of Passkey, not BitDefender. (and in a way, it was!) Not everyone knows about everything that could possibly interfere with these programs. Since Passkey has been out for awhile and previous versions had worked with BitDefender, I didn't put 2 and 2 together right away. Luckily I did and you're right, it was a learning experience. But next time you post a reply, it should be one with some sort of informative, helpful answer that a moderator would give; not one that would be left by a smart-ass.

Comment

Your sarcastic remark in post #5 plus the one in your last post just earned you a weeks suspension.

If you want/expect help here keep your sarcasm to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                X