Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other A few problems with 7.0.5.7

Hello,
    I am having two problems. One is pretty much guaranteed to be a DVD Fab issue, and the other I'm not so sure about.

1. When ripping a DVD (specifically X-Men The Animated Series, Volume 5, Disc 1), my system crashes immediately to the blue screen of death. I'm quite sure this is a DVDFab issue.

2. When ripping content from a blu-ray (episode 9 of the David Attenborough-narrated version of Life), the resulting .m2ts file is corrupted somehow. There is audio, but no video. I know the disc works, because I can open the disc in PowerDVD and jump right to that episode. Also, this is the only one of the three episodes on the disc that has this problem...I am able to pull the other 2 .m2ts files just fine. I'm not 100% sure this is a DVD Fab issue, but it seems like a good place to start.

I'm not sure what kind of information you guys need when people submit bug reports, so just let me know.

Thanks for providing free access to the beta of such a great product!

Hello, can I get some feedback on this please?

Comment

Please attach latest minidump file (c:\windows\minidump).
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Here is a zip of the dump file and the XML file that Windows said were related to the crash.

One of the things I Just noticed is that it doesn't crash when copying via Windows, but it does crash when I use the file copying utility TeraCopy. So maybe that can be a clue for you....I never got crashes with TeraCopy with any of the previous Betas.
        Attached Files

Comment

It is crashing in cdrom.sys.

Is this Windows 7 x64? If so, create a backup of cdrom.sys and then extract the attached cdrom.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers, overwrite -> Reboot -> Try again
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 10-18-2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is x64. I will try this solution when I get home, thanks.

Comment

I think it is resolved as no answer for a longer time.

Comment

Working...
              X