'DVD Passkey driver is not found in system ...'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'DVD Passkey driver is not found in system ...'

An error is reported when Passkey attempts to load.
    "DVD Passkey driver is not found in system.
    Please restart your PC or reinstall DVDFab Passkey"

XP 64Bit 4.03GHz Quad Core 8GB RAM
    Samsung SH-B123L (connected via Jmicron onboard controller)
    Samsung SH-S222A (connected via Intel ICH9)
    and a few drives (2 drives in RAID1, 2 standard hard drives, 1 SSD)

I tried moving the dvdfab.sys file to the windows/system32/drivers folder and still a no go.

I also uninstalled my antivirus & virtual drive software to see if there was a conflict and there was not.

Uninstalling the driver via ImgBurn and reinstalling 7.0.5.7b (XP64bit running as administrator) still does not fix the problem

===============================================
    Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.2.0
    ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
    Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
    Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
    Lower Class Filter: dvdfab
    Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
    File Name:
    File Version:
    File Description:
    Product Name:
    Product Version:
    Company Name:
    Copyright:

Filter Name: dvdfab
    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dvdfab.sys
    File Version: 7.0.5.3
    File Description: DVDFab Passkey x64 Driver
    Product Name: DVDFab Passkey
    Product Version: 7.0.5.3
    Company Name: Fengtao Software Inc.
    Copyright: Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Fengtao Software Inc. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: imapi
    File Name:
    File Version:
    File Description:
    Product Name:
    Product Version:
    Company Name:
    Copyright:

@Bruce!
    Do you can see any CDROM in Windows Explorer, if DVDFab Passkey driver doesn't work, no CDROMs will be shown.
    resigned

Comment

You're right - there are no drives in explorer after DVDFab Passkey is installed (the drives were there previously - I did verify that)
      Here is a screen shot showing more information (device manager, etc.)

Even loading a virtual CD/DVD drive creates a yellow exclamation point on the virtual device.
      (I use WinCDEmu and it only adds CD/DVD virtual devices as they are used - no drives loaded = no devices even in device manager)

Last edited by Bruce!; 10-16-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Rebooting the computer (as suggested in the popup window) OR reinstalling the program does not resolve the problem.
        Uninstalling the passkey program restores CD/DVD drives to the explorer (upon reboot).

and I do have multiple backups of this system and I've even tried a restore to a system quite some time ago and DVDFab Passkey still does not work
        (I did try DVDFAB Passkey on my XP32 notebook and it works fine BUT my notebook is significantly under-powered compared to my desktop and also does not have the blu-ray drive attached to it)

What other information do you require to assist in determining the conflict?

Comment

Have same problem W Samsung Blu-Ray Drive not in Explorer anymore

Originally posted by Bruce! View Post
          Rebooting the computer (as suggested in the popup window) OR reinstalling the program does not resolve the problem.
          Uninstalling the passkey program restores CD/DVD drives to the explorer (upon reboot).

and I do have multiple backups of this system and I've even tried a restore to a system quite some time ago and DVDFab Passkey still does not work
          (I did try DVDFAB Passkey on my XP32 notebook and it works fine BUT my notebook is significantly under-powered compared to my desktop and also does not have the blu-ray drive attached to it)

What other information do you require to assist in determining the conflict?
          I Tried installing the DVDFab passkey on my media PC and went through the same issues as you did w Passkey driver not installed, etc. and my Blu-ray disappearing from Windows Explorer. Have uninstalled DVDFab passkey, rebooted a number of times, Uninstalled the Blu-Ray Drive from Device Manager, reinstalled Drive (not the DVDFab passkey), but nothing. My Blu-Ray Drive is no longer in Win Explorer.

The error message I'm getting on the Device Manager CD-Rom Properties is about corrupt registry entries (Code 19), though, and the Blu-Ray Drive does not work after trying to install the passkey.

Did you sort it out with your system?
          My Media PC has Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, 4GB RAM, Gigabyte MB w Intel E8600, Gigabyte Radeon 5670 1GB Graphics card, and plenty of HDD space.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
          Thanks,
          Ramon

Comment

No, I did not get it sorted out yet.
            I'm still waiting for instructions from this forum (so stay posted).

Comment

possible / part fix-from MSFT

Will do,

In the meantime, I'm about to try some ideas, involving:
              A Microsoft fix:

a CD Gone fix, or regedit.

Will post back.
              Thanks!
              R

Comment

Fixed the Disappearing Burner and Passkey errors

Hi,

Just wanted to report that last night I managed to fix these issues on my Media PC.

Her's how, in case it helps:
                1.) Ran the MSFT fix (link posted above). This made the Drive reappear on Explorer, but not working fully yet.
                2.)Restarted and verified in Bios that my Blu-Ray drive was being recognized correctly. It was.
                3.) Went to Add/Remove programs to remove any DVDFab Passkey remnants, and then cleared all traces of it on my PC. Then verified MSFT drivers were installed, and reassigned my drive letter in Windows.
                4.) Ran CD Gone. This cleared all the Upper and Lower filters from my registry. Verified this with regedit.
                5.) Final restart, and we were back to normal.

Passkey not installed anymore.

Hope this helps.
                R

No, I did not get it sorted out yet.
                I'm still waiting for instructions from this forum (so stay posted).

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQ View Post
                  Just wanted to report that last night I managed to fix these issues on my Media PC.

Passkey not installed anymore.
                  Glad you got your drives functioning properly again, but it does not fix the problem with passkey not operating properly on the system.
                  I found that with software/hardware uninstalls that sometimes falling back onto a recent backup is easier than trying to fix the problem.

Glad you fixed your problem, but I just fell back to a recent full backup.

Hope the developers comment on a fix to actually install passkey AND also provide a complete uninstall ... but until then I'm sure some will appreciate your information on how to uninstall the program and restore your drives.

Comment

Glad you got your drives functioning properly again, but it does not fix the problem with passkey not operating properly on the system.
                    I found that with software/hardware uninstalls that sometimes falling back onto a recent backup is easier than trying to fix the problem.

Glad you fixed your problem, but I just fell back to a recent full backup.

Hope the developers comment on a fix to actually install passkey AND also provide a complete uninstall ... but until then I'm sure some will appreciate your information on how to uninstall the program and restore your drives.
                    You are right, this was about fixing my computer's woes due to the Passkey install problems. The Passkey for me was of limited import, given that it's still a Beta version, so I'm more than willing to let the Developers work it out as they see fit, and come back to it in the future.

Restoring my media PC's functionality was crucial for me.

Besides, since my C: drive is an SSD, until I am confident of this new gadget's functionality, I tend to avoid using the windows restore function on my media PC unless I can use a new Full backup. I was not willing to do that just now - have installed a few things on my system in the week since the Backup was last made.

But I see how restoring to a backup can be a fix for a normal HDD system, or one with up to the minute backups in hand. Although I love Windows 7 and SSD as technologies go, I tend to err in the side of caution with both.

I'm pretty sure the Passkey, being DVD Fab, will work well once it's ready.

Comment

Right click on the desktop icin, its a compatibility problem, easily fixed.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                      X