Bluray region code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray region code

Hi there, does the passkey lite version still remove the region code on blu-ray disks?

Thanks

Hi kevD,

Passkey lite version supports to remove the region code on blu-ray disks as well as the other general copy protections.

Passkey Lite limitations:
    *The DVD function does not have PathPlayer
    *The Blu-ray function does not support BD+ removal or MKBv12+
    ________
    BONDAGE EXTREME
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

DVDFAB Passkey LITE and Region Codes

Can Passkey Lite remove a DVD Region code when the DVD drive is region-locked (RPC-2)?

Compare the texts of the product descriptions:

Freely watch any DVD with no region limit

It's true that Passkey Lite can't get rid of all DVD protections, if you want to copy/burn/clone DVD, you need to use Passkey for DVD. However, you can freely watch any DVD with no region limit on your region specific player.

Freely watch DVD with no limit

After the region code and copy protections are removed, you can freely watch any DVD on your region specific DRIVE or player software. No limit any more!

Unlike in the description of Passkey, in the description of Passkey Lite, region-locked drives are not mentioned, but they are standard today, and unlike Blu-ray Region codes, DVD Region codes are checked by both the software and the hardware.

And here are two suggestions for the next version:

1. For more convenience, one could add a menu point to change the DVD Region or the Blu-ray Region to the Taskbar icon (So far, only the Blu-ray Region reset option for some players is available.)

2. The DVD Regions 7 and 8 should also be supported. It is true that they are rarely used, but for completeness, they should not be ignored. Most other Region tools support them.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

Yes, Passkey Lite supports RPC-2 DVD drive, enjoy it!
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

suggestions

Originally posted by mediafox View Post

1. For more convenience, one could add a menu point to change the DVD Region or the Blu-ray Region to the Taskbar icon (So far, only the Blu-ray Region reset option for some players is available.)

2. The DVD Regions 7 and 8 should also be supported. It is true that they are rarely used, but for completeness, they should not be ignored. Most other Region tools support them.

Many greetings,

Mediafox
          Hi mediafox,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions, we will consider and try to implement them in future version.
          Have a nice day!

Comment

Out of curiosity: What is the difference between the way TMT 3 handles its Region counter and the way TMT 5 does it, so that a new Region patch is necessary? How and where does TMT 5 store the BD Region and the number of changes?

And I would like to remind you of the two suggestions I made above in Post #3.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

DVD Region is not set by the players most often. It is the drive that supports it.
              and it cannot be reset so easily. You have to modify the firmware of the drive in order do to that.

Many greetings,

Mediafox
              In the option I see that is supports regions 7 and 8 for RCE removal.

Comment

Passkey and Disc Regions

1. Yes, Passkey now supports Regions 7 and 8 , in older versions it did not.

2. There is also a way to bypass the Region code on the fly with RPC-2 drives without modifying their firmware: programs such as Passkey can do that.
                My suggestion was, for more comfort, to add not only the "Blu-ray-Player-Region-Reset" option to the Taskbar-icon menu, but also options for bypassing DVD Regions and BD Regions (independent from a specific BD player software), so you can control the disc Regions without having to open the main window.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

2. There is also a way to bypass the Region code on the fly with RPC-2 drives without modifying their firmware: programs such as Passkey can do that.
                  My suggestion was, for more comfort, to add not only the "Blu-ray-Player-Region-Reset" option to the Taskbar-icon menu, but also options for bypassing DVD Regions and BD Regions (independent from a specific BD player software), so you can control the disc Regions without having to open the main window.

Many greetings,

Mediafox
                  I think you are a bit mistaken.
                  Passkey removes the region code on the Title DVD and the css encryption . that is how it gets around the Region code problem. The drive is still region locked, unless you have a region-free drive( using modified firmware).
                  Yes, you can have passkey set the region of the dvd drive, but that would defeat the purpose, since you can only set the drives region so many times.( it is limited to 5).

as for the regions on the passkey for dvd regions, that only comes to play with RCE. if the dvd has no RCE it does not matter.

Comment

Dirio49, I think YOU are a bit mistaken. I am FULLY aware that the drive is still region-locked; the Region-setting option I want does NOT refer to the drive, but to DVD titles. (It is the SAME option like in the main window, but if it were available on the Taskbar-Icon menu, one wouldn't have to open the main window every time one inserts DVDs with different RCE Region codes.)
                    Since Blu-ray-player programs can change their way to store Region information (BTW, I am still interested in the way TMT 5 does it), and since new Blu-ray-player programs are likely to appear, it would be useful to have an option to set the BD Region on the Taskbar-icon menu (it would be the SAME like in the main window) and not only the "Player-Region-Reset" option, which is limited to the players known so far.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

Dirio49, I think YOU are a bit mistaken. I am FULLY aware that the drive is still region-locked; the Region-setting option I want does NOT refer to the drive, but to DVD titles. (It is the SAME option like in the main window, but if it were available on the Taskbar-Icon menu, one wouldn't have to open the main window every time one inserts DVDs with different RCE Region codes.)
                      Since Blu-ray-player programs can change their way to store Region information (BTW, I am still interested in the way TMT 5 does it), and since new Blu-ray-player programs are likely to appear, it would be useful to have an option to set the BD Region on the Taskbar-icon menu (it would be the SAME like in the main window) and not only the "Player-Region-Reset" option, which is limited to the players known so far.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

I am not mistaken we are talking about two different things.
                      anyway.

Later

Comment

Working...
                      X