Trimming an MP4 file seems to be truncated to 8 second blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trimming an MP4 file seems to be truncated to 8 second blocks

I am trimming off the beginning of some videos. Usually less than a minute or so. I have noticed on with multiple different ones that I can change the trim by a second, but it is ignored until some boundary that jumps to the next block. For example, I am trimming 34 seconds off a video. When I review the output file, it appears to have started about 2-3 seconds before the 34 second mark. So I walk up the trim time to 36, 38, and 40 seconds and all the outputs start at the same point and are of the same length 1:00:16. Then at 42 seconds, the output file starts a few seconds too late and now the length is 1:00:08. So it appears that it is trimming, but only in 8 second block points. Any ideas on how to fix?

We will try to reproduce it and get back to you, sorry about it.

Comment

I am running into this as well. I set the start and stop points but it doesn't honor them. I have tried using mkv passthrough and mp4 passthrough with the set points. Also the video is longer then it should be original 53:20 trimming off 2:50 which should be 50:30 but the video comes out to 51:35 instead. I have tried this in 11.1.07 and 12.0.1.1. I was able to use this feature before in older versions with no problem.

Comment

Here is my log as well
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X