Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Video Converter convert files with a 1-pass bit rate higher than 13.4K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi white94cobra,

Please be more specific and descriptive. The more information you offer, the more effective assistance we provide. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
    Sunny
    ________
    Wellbutrin attorney
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Sunny... I have lots of MKV and M2TS files with a bit rates of 20-35kbps. I purchased Video Converter to convert these down to around 15-18kbps. Unfortunately anytime I try to convert a file using Video Converter (CUDA enabled) with a 1-pass bit rate above 13.4kbps it immediately fails with the following error message:
      Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type128:id12), info = 503.00 13

I have tried over 20 different files. They convert fine with free-ware software, albeit much slower than DVDFab.

If I try converting using software mode, it starts encoding at around 20fps, but gradually slows to 1fps over a period of 15 minutes (with CPU still around 80-90%).

My system is as follows:
      Intel Core i7 950
      Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
      MSI Cyclone GTX460
      6GB PC1333 DDR3 Memory
      256MB OCZ Vertex SSD
      Seagate 500GB HD
      Seagate 2TB HD

Logs attached.

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, white94cobra
        1. High bit rate means biger output file size, so you can set higher bit rate.
        2. The encoding Fps just means conversion speed, but now DVDFab have a bug which convertion speed slows down.
        3. Thank you for your report, and this bug will be fixed.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

1. I realize a higher bit rate results in a larger file, that is why I want to reduce the bit rate on current files down to around 15kbps. DVDFab crashes immediately when trying to convert using a bit rate above 13.4kbps (1-pass, for 2-pass it crashes at around 6kbps).

2. Yes, encoded frames per second would be the speed at which the file is converted. I'm glad to hear that this is a know bug and is scheduled to be fixed.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X