X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion from M2TS to MKV always stops on 2nd pass

A similar bug was already filed for the Blue-ray Ripper:
    http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10129

When trying to convert a M2TS (about 16 to 19 GB in size) to a MKV the process idles every time when the 2nd pass should generate a output file. DVDFAB just sits there for hours and does nothing - see log files.

It doesn't make sense since there are no errors at all.
    Attached Files

Hi wpa1160,

We have tried DVDFab 8.0.6.1, generic.mkv.h264.aac profile and 2-pass, with all the a/v codec settting as software, and finally got successful result. There is no "stops on 2nd pass" problem repoduced.
    For your problems, could you please convert other m2ts file with a/v codec settting as software? Please give it a shot.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny
    ________
    CROSSFIRE
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Hello, sorry for the delay - I forget to enable email notifications.

Problem still exists with 8.0.7.2.

I have 6 M2TS files here (each about 10 GB in size) and 4 of them can be converted using any settings. 2 of them cannot be converted at all. I tried the aac and the audiocopy profile, changed it to 1-pass only and am still unable to get it running.

I select "Video Converter" in DVDFab, drag the M2TS from the Windows Explorer into DVDFab and click on "Start". It sits there at 0.0% (1-pass) and there's no progress for hours. CPU usage is also at 0%.

The attached log files contain the same information even after 6 hours of waiting. Is there some way to enable more verbose logging to get this error fixed?
      Attached Files

Comment

No but you can inspect the problem files with MediaInfo and post the details here.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I attached the details from MediaInfo.

The first file contains the info from a M2TS which could be converted w/o problems.
          The other two files are for the M2TS which cause DVDFab to wait indefinitely.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X